Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 508 total)
  • What's this joker on about?
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

Miles and miles of guff on his page about doing up frames, then you look at the pics and its one of the rattiest trances i've ever seen…

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-Giant-Trance-XC-frame-Mountain-bike-size-Lrg-20_W0QQitemZ140353136604QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item20adb2e7dc

genesis
    Free Member

Not convinced about the crack welding and dent removal bit!

tracknicko
    Free Member

just read like it was gonna have helium installed in all the tubes and all the hardware replaced for ti and a shock made out of angels wings.

then you look at it, and it looks like he found it in a skip…

oldgit
    Free Member

He is that character from the World of Warcraft episode of South Park.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Strip your bike for winter store the parts and get your frame serviced, WTF ?

He is clearly insane.

Olly
    Free Member

My talent my skill and my passion went into this frame, You will not find many used frames that function like this, or at the prices i,m asking. Your paying far less that you would to buy a used frame and get it serviced from a shop.

Why am I doing this, it,s simple with my personality and character I cannot function in this rat race existence. So I have an offer for all the mtb riders in the world that find me. buy my frames and other services and I will do all I can to get you out biking. I will develop tooling and techniques so that bikers can service there own bikes. I will get bearings and bolts and everything else you need to get out and ride. In return I ask only this provide me with enough of an income so I can live apart from everyone and simply learn to service then build and tune bikes.

is it that bloke from the orange team racing thingy.
    i seem to remember despite coming last in a relaitvly basic race his "team website" claimed "if your reading this marzocchii and fox, sponser me soon so i can start winning races for you"

that trance is gopping, its the type of colour where the rattlecan would be in the bargin bin in halfords cause no one wanted it.

alpin
    Free Member

MTB riders. The winter is fast approaching.
    Rather than leaving your rig sitting there doing nothing. why not strip your bike down store everything safely and post your frames into us and let us make sure your frame works as it should. Then next year for the whole year you can get as much out of your bike as possible, fun, excitement, excercise, stress management.

You can post your frame or whole bike into us and well evaluate it for £25 and let you know what we think needs done.

cock.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Erm – so if he's good at respraying then why not strip it and re-spray it then as the wear is shocking for £350?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

then you look at it, and it looks like he found it in a skip…

it looks OK to me…

tails
    Free Member

haha thats got to be a pink bike member.

uplink
    Free Member

He does sound like he's a bit full of himself

However – forgive me – I agree with SFB, it looks like a normal used bike to me

tracknicko
    Free Member

does it? but non original colour? and ratty on top. for 300+ ?
    you guys got more money than sense? the 05 trance 4 was being sold for £499 as a full bike untill they ran out earlier this year…

im only irate as im after a 20" trance.. but my gosh…

uplink
    Free Member

you guys got more money than sense?

I wasn't saying it was worth it – merely that it doesn't look too bad for a used MTB

st

I read from the ad that he's serviced the shock too, wonder if it's worth asking if he's recharged the Co2 chamber in the shock??

takisawa2

Some cheap bearings, a Halfords rattle can respray & an air can service kit.
    Sorted. Ere…I can make a livin' out of this…

He's got some good feedback but I'll not be posting off the Ventana for the £25 inspection any time soon. 🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

im so glad i dont work in a bike shop anymore, these folk come in all too often

Speshpaul

A top rated seller with 100% feedback.

Its an odd pitch isn't he can charge you a good wedge to respray a frame, but this one with its flaking paint (painted by him!) will be ok with a few stickers.

crazy-legs

is it that bloke from the orange team racing thingy.
    i seem to remember despite coming last in a relatively basic race his "team website" claimed "if your reading this marzocchii and fox, sponsor me soon so i can start winning races for you"

That thread was one of the best ever. 🙂 Yes, the language used reminded me of him as well.
    If the frame looks a bit peeled and chipped why doesn't he just respray it using his multitude of skills?
    Having worked in several bike shops, it's a lot easier to tell what the frame needs when it's still built up as a complete bike – bushings knocking, play in bearings, headset knocking etc all show up far better like that.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

he said he has talent, skill put his life into that frame, the finish on the paint was not that good by any means!

he also said

it,s a better performing frame than when it was new

HOW

I love this listing of his.. pure freak

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-Specialized-Epic-Mountain-bike-frame-size-L-19-XC_W0QQitemZ130337982217QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item1e58bfc709

Olly
    Free Member

All of my frames have had the BB,s faced which means if you want to run an Xtype BB it will last more than 3 to 6 months and it,s warranty will be valid, this process takes skill and some expensive tooling mines cost well over £1000 just for my BB tools. The disc brake mounts have been spot faced so no squealing or loss of power, I use a tools for this and it takes a bit of skill it is however well worth doing and the rear end alignments checked which means all the components at the back work as they should, wheel, brakes, gears etc. There are other bits and pices that i,ve doen however I would be here all day. The ones i,ve mentioned are the main ones and every decent bike shop or distibutor should be able to explain them to you.

other than the AWFUL spelling and grammer, WTF? "ask your bikeshop and they will tell you what ive done to this frame"

i think 25 quid to assess your bikes problems is a bargin, as he can do it with 90% of the components in storage in your shed!
    thats got to be worth something?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

sadly from his history some mugs have brought frames worth around £250 for £400… all he has done is re-spray them, swapped shocks around, probably shoved in £2 bearings and bobs your uncle a frame that "works better than factory"……

davidrussell
    Free Member

loving the **** "freesports" imagery and the tagline
    "a bunch of bikers trying to earn a living helping out other bikers. It,s not easy but it is fun."

Change bikers to bankers and you have a logo for RBS…

I dont agree with them taking advantage of colour blind people by trying to sell them a bike coated in quality street wrappers though.

cookeaa

Is this fella Cytec qualified? He doesn’t seem to mention, I’d accept that over self-certified “Talent and Skill”…

Fair play to anyone trying to start up a business, especially these days, but I’m not sure flogging rattle can re-sprayed frames and bearing kits at market value + 50% on flea-bay, whilst apparently dodging normal business overheads, and indulging in self promoting diatribes with all the vocabulary, grammar and spelling of an X-factor contestant really counts as a convincing business model…

£25 for the honour of posting you my frame for an inspection, I’m reasonably sure I could trundle the fully assembled bike into my LBS and have them assess it’s mechanical state for free, certainly less than £25…

Twazzle…

njee20
    Free Member

That thread was one of the best ever. Yes, the language used reminded me of him as well.

C'mon people, don't bully Rally-driver-skateboarder-DJ-photographer-runner-professional-XC-racer-come-moron Richie McCoy!.

Happy times. Wonder if he's on his way to the WRC.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Somebody has got to send this guy and old frame and see what he comes up with !!!!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I emailed him: "Some of us ride our bikes all winter too"

Hey. Thanks for that! always good to be critisized, after all you are the one living my life so you should get to tell me how to. A lot of people don,t ride that much in the winter so it,s a good time to get it serviced or are you advising that they get it serviced in the summer perhaps. If you ride your bike all year round when do you service it and if it,s not serviced is it worth riding. Good to hear from you brake a leg.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Is his keyboard broken or does he think that its don,t not don't ?

crazy-legs

C'mon people, don't bully Rally-driver-skateboarder-DJ-photographer-runner-professional-XC-racer-come-moron Richie McCoy!.

Nick, where was the "pro XC racer" thread and have you got a link to it? BikeMagic, BikeRadar? Has he popped up on there since then?

Olly
    Free Member

this seasons chassis of choice!

Go team Mccoy!
    hehe, this website makes me smile.

njee20
    Free Member

This thread?

The reference to him reminded me of how epic it was! Bless 'im!

crazy-legs

Good work Nick. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

My pleasure 🙂

MrAgreeable

Tip:. Remove your rear shock and run your rear end through it,s travel gently. The action should be smooth and consistent and should require any real force. If it,s not consider how much better your riding experience would be if your frame wasn,t a cross between a donkey and a pogo stick with wheels, EEEE AAAWWW!!. Get it sorted and keep it pinned or hold on tight it,s gonna be a rough ride and a hard landing. EEEE AAAWWW!! Angry donkey strikes again!.

That said back to this listing.

So there you have it. If you don't send your frame to him for a home respray and a £20 bearing kit, next time you try to "pin it" you will be bucked to your doom.

I like this guy, and not just because he wishes SFB physical harm. 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

when did bearing condition affect the rebound setting of a shock?
    x

tracknicko
    Free Member

ok so i am genuinely after one of these frames…. emailed him ( i want it for about 180 out of interest as in my opinion its ratty as ****…) i was pleasant enough. here are his responses….(drumroll)

Q1) – it looks a bit tatty, care to come down on price type Q…

Dear xxxx,
    Hey. it may look tatty here and there but it,s had £130 worth of work done.
    If you factor that in your getting it for £200. It will run great though
    and a set of decals from ebay will sort that out. Hope that helps and how
    much would you like to offer me ?.
    -airborne10101

Q2) £130! where has that been spent?

Dear xxx,
    How much is an air can service ?. How much is an hour of work by a
    qualified bike mechanic and how many hours does it take to service a frame?. How much does it cost at any decent bike shop to have your BB faced your rear end alignment checked and you disc brake mounts spot faced ?. How much is a bearing kit ?. how much are new inner eyelet bushes for the shock ?.you like questions theres some for you !.
    -airborne10101

Q3) you say you did all the work yourself. so you have spent around £12 on eyelet bushings and £30 max on bearings? so where did the other £90 go?

Dear xxx,
    You watch too much TV come back to reality. sitting there sniffing farts
    has damaged your wits. 1 hour to strip a frame do the bearings air can
    service the shock inspect the whole frame for damage inch by inch then
    realign the back end and face the BB spot face the disc brake mounts check all the cable routing and threads. and a few other bit,s as well. Your waisting my time! your TV addled wits have convinced you that this nonsense is some how an accomplishment. If this is an accomplishment why is it you have nothing to show for it but an ego massage. I,m trying to help bikers get out biking on rigs that are safe to ride, value for money and enable them to experience biking as it should be. What on earth are trying to do and why ?.

-airborne10101

so there we have it. don't think ill buy it as he seems like a prize dick to me!

njee20
    Free Member

Wow, what a moron! If you will sit sniffing farts though…

tracknicko
    Free Member

cant help myself! i wouldnt normally bait him like this, but i'd buy that frame… if it was cheap…

Olly
    Free Member

ask him what qualifications hes got?

How much is an air can service ?.

nothing, theres nothing in there to do, new seals and a regrease please.
    20mins and a strap wrench

How much is an hour of work by a
    qualified bike mechanic

more than someone with qualifications ranging up to "skillz" and "talent" and "passion"

and how many hours does it take to service a frame?

none

How much does it cost at any decent bike shop to have your BB faced your rear end alignment checked and you disc brake mounts spot faced ?

about 20 quid, and they are cytech qualified.
    tis a 10 minute job to face mounts and BB.

How much is a bearing kit ?

the one you bought? a tenner i would hazard

how much are new inner eyelet bushes for the shock ?

a quid each, 2 minutes of work, most of which is taking the shock off the bike, which would be even easier with no crankset in the way

Q3) where did the other £90 go?

A) 1 hour to strip a frame do the bearings air can
    service the shock inspect the whole frame for damage inch by inch then
    realign the back end and face the BB spot face the disc brake mounts check all the cable routing and threads. and a few other bit,s as well. Your waisting my time!

an hour is a bit slow, i dont think "checking the cable routing" really needed doing.
    im sure giant knew what they were doing when they welded the guides on.

but hey, ill let that slide, so your work is charged out at…..
    90 quid an hour?
    for a non qualified "mechanic" no less

Olly
    Free Member

you could see if he would knock some money off for not having the carbon shock guard anymore, which is pretty vital on one of those frames i think.

(though not sure if the 06 ones had them on second inspection)

grumm
    Free Member

He says he 'checks all the cable routing' though. That alone is worth £130 imo.

Wtf does that even mean?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘What's this joker on about?’ is closed to new replies.