Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What's the STW consensus ? Xbox 1 or ps4?
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Having been an Xbox fan for forever its getting close now to decide which one to go for as the specs are so close. Especially now with MS backing down on the whole second hand gaming thing ! So which one are you going for?

stevepitch
    Free Member

Ps4, Xbox 1 isn’t backwards compatible, big mistake IMHO

iolo
    Free Member

I find my PS1 is perfect for everything.

fd3chris
    Free Member

That I did not know. That could definitely sway me as I have loads of Xbox games at the moment .

LMT
    Free Member

Neither are backwards compatable, but sony does have its cloud gaming platform which will enable you to re-buy ps3 titles and run them emulated some point in the future and MS are saying they will eventually do the same for xbox classics.

Xbox One has been such a mess of corporate rubbish and turnarounds its difficult to trust anything they say at the moment.

Ive been an xbox user since the first sku and this time round im going PS4, reasons for this are one the power adaptor is in the console so no brick behind the tele, the ps4 will run PS Plus out the box if you have a subscription (which i do) PS Vita Crossplay is massive, i can be playing fifa and at a push of a button stream it to my Vita while the OH watches some rubbish. MS is all about the tv service and it hides Lovefilm, Netflix etc behind the wall that is xbox gold, while Sony have this in the front menu regardless of which level you may subscribe to.

TBH its a tough call this time round, but PS4 just edges it for me.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

PS4 for me. I think MS have dropped the ball with the Xbox 1. Price point alone makes it any easier decision for me.

fd3chris
    Free Member

There isn’t much difference in the price when you have to include the motion sensor on top of the ps4 price . The Xbox comes with it standard . I think it ends up being about £30 more then for the Xbox over the ps4.

molgrips
    Free Member

I find my PS1 is perfect for everything.

Me too. Plays blurays perfectly, iplayer is great on it too. Oh.. Hang on…

Anyway. Does remote play work for all titles on vita/ps4? Few titles support it on PS3.

dannybgoode

PS4 [/end thread]

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

PS4 for me. The Xbone wants to watch me whilst I play 😕

LMT
    Free Member

Remote play is being touted as one of the features for every game, pretty much a rip-off of the wii u, but im not too bothered about that.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

DIY…

YoGrant
    Free Member

I’m going xbox one. Just because.

Cougar

I think I’m going to stick with my 360 for now, then go with “what all my mates got” later.

MrNutt
    Free Member

that valve thingy, thats the sensible money isn’t it?

endurogangster
    Free Member

Sticking with ps3 for a bit to play gta 5 to the max, will probably get a ps4 next year, I like to play naked and the always connected kinect camera doesn’t sit right with me!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Prefer my bike tbh

Smudger666

Cougar +1

Do you play online? If so you should be asking your mates, not us. For that reason, Xbox one for me.

There’s not really that much to choose between them so pick the one whose platform specific titles grab you – halo/gear,s – Xbox, the last of us/kill zone for ps.

molgrips
    Free Member

I won’t buy for ages because I have two games to finish that I am currently playing, The Last of Us is still unopened and I will be playing gtaV too. Due to having kids I am lucky if I get to play two hours a week so that lot should last me till PS5 comes out and PS4s are cheap 🙂

Tenuous
    Free Member

Xbox One here.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What's the STW consensus ? Xbox 1 or ps4?’ is closed to new replies.