Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ermmm. What?
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

So Shadow plus…which one? Saint/Zeeeeee or SLX/XT

They seem totally different designs!?!

I want to run 10 speed 11-36 with 32 only on the front.

What’s the best, quietest solution?

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

I run Zee 11-36 and 32t and its perrrrrrfect

IA

Zee, but make sure you get the wider range 11-36 one (There’s one for a small block too).

(running that with a 32t up front on my 29er, plus a straitline silent guide. Yes, these braces do go rather well with my belt 😉 )

tmb467
    Free Member

saint/zee has a smaller parallelogram (to try and prevent rock-strikes) and is short cage only (so suited to a single front ring)

they can run with an 11-28 or 11-36 cassette (DH or FR)

SLX/XT has a longer parallelogram and comes in medium or long cage (GS or SGS)

they work with doubles and triple chainsets (obviously work with singles as well)

Northwind

Lots of chat about zees exploding… Though I don’t know whether that’s because people expect them to live up to Saint toughness, when in reality they’re mostly SLX.

I’m using a couple of XT mediums and an SLX medium, very good- 2 on double ring setups, one on single. One of the few bike components I can’t say anything bad about.

citizeninsane
    Free Member

Been using a medium cage SLX for about 6 months and again, can’t say say anything bad about it. Not a massive difference in price with the Zee, so prob just comes down to reliability.

That’s with an 11-36 cassette too.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

i’m using an XT S+ on a 2×10 11-36
    and….. an SLX S+ on a 1×10 11-36

both medium cage, both work as well as each other…..

IA

Lots of chat about zees exploding

I did break mine, but there were rocks involved and it went into the wheel… I’m not blaming the mech.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Thanks all, very useful.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ermmm. What?’ is closed to new replies.