Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • What's the strangest thing you've ever seen…..
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

…….fly tipped while on a ride? Just been out and came across 11 full size HGV tyres dumped in a bombhole!

CaptJon
    Free Member

The burnt corpse of a badger. I wasn't sure what is was so had to stop – looked like a komodo dragon kinda

racefaceec90

i saw a ufo!!!

Harry_the_Spider

Were the tyres fly tipped or has the land owner had enough of people riding his bombhole? Our local bombhole has had half a dozen cut down trees dumped in it.

falkirk-mark

I once saw a guy on a bike without gears or suspension. (bet he has a horse and cart instead of a car) 😆

tang
    Free Member

no doubt you bunny hopped them ian! while living in india ive seen things so strange no one would believe me! here in the uk i worked on the bins to save up for traveling, the driver of the bin lorry insisted in throwing all his rubbish out the window as we were driving about!! despite the fact we drove onto the landfill twice a day, not to mention the 20ton bin in the back.
    ian- back now and recovering from a chest infection, back on for riding from monday, 25th is on too!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Tang, no I rolled them onto the side of the road just to make sure the council don't miss them! Glad to hear your on the mend mate, 25th sounds sweet, am looking forward to it! Oh lots of lawn mowers and crappy garden furnature is the other fav in these parts 😯

tang
    Free Member

last boxing day in the buckholt shaggers carpark i found a complete junior cricket kit, good quality. plus bmxs, sledges and other kids shed stuff. why?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Fully burnt out car, don't even know how it got where it was as all the tracks into the woods are guarded with barriers 😕

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Half way round a ride in Whistler, long way from a road….

crispybacon
    Free Member

Riding in the middle of no-where through the mist suddenly this lady appeared carrying two heavy TESCO shopping bags full of food. After riding past I stopped & had another look to make sure I was seeing right. I was 3 miles from the nearest road & 10 miles from the nearest TESCO – flippin strange that 😕

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Bloke catching Moths with a big lightbox thing on a night ride in the wyre forest!

sharki
    Free Member

I dropped into a local bombhole whilst testing my helmet on exiting it and landing into the next section of singletrack, my path was blocked by a 18/19yr old with her trousers round her ankles peeing on the trail, if i wasn't so quick on my brakes she'd of made a lovely bike rack.

Thats the closest to dumping in a bomb hole i've seen (do not read that as 'pumping in the bumhole' like i just did, lol)

found a wheel barrow dumped in it once, not nice as the run in is fast with a blind entry dropping about 7 metres into the bottom….

BlingBling
    Free Member

brakes
    Free Member

this lone cloud ball freaked me out a bit
    kept shrinking and growing and morphing
    too much mountain air I think

tang
    Free Member

this freaked me out first time (ian, its near that dowhill in slad we did)

devs
    Free Member

Howzabout a child's policeman unform hanging from a tree in the middle of the woods miles away from the nearest road?

tang
    Free Member

devs- that is creepy.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Whoa tang glad you didn't point that one out to me when we were out!

Bikebreaker
    Free Member

Some time ago I came across a car with all the windows steamed up, it was about 30 yrds from the track and at about 8.30 – 9am thought it was a bit early for you know what. As we road past I looked back and spotted a hose pipe from the exhaust. That was a strange morning, keeping the public away while the police tried to get to us from the description we gave (before everyone had a mobile). It was January and by the time the ambulance turned up we needed it before the the poor chap did. Apparently people come from all over the country to end it all in Clumber Park.

seb
    Free Member

Last year, not far from Marlborough, in Wiltshire, my mate and I were finishing a ride on the Ridgeway.
    Turned round the last corner to find a small Ford Ka parked on the side of the trail. 50m further, in the middle of the trail, a girl (around 18) on all 4 and her boyfriend (not much older) behind her.
    The couple could not go anywhere so they decided to stand up and hug.
    The girl had no clothes on and the bloke had his trousers round his ankles.
    As we cycled pass, I said "Hi, what a lovely evening" the bloke grunted and the girl didn't say a word…
    A few weeks after, same trail, we saw a taxi driver, who decided to take the scenic route back into town and followed his satnav. He was well and truly stuck in over a foot of thick winter Ridgeway mud. He still managed to drive around 50m.
    He wanted to know where he was and which was the way back into town.
    I thought it would have been obvious if you have a Satnav on your dash.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Was on a pre-season ride at Les Arcs and popped out of a singletrack section onto the back road below Arc 1600. 2 seconds later, a wee dump-truck appears and sees us waiting. He quite obviously takes a moment to decide if we're a problem or not, decides we're not, then dumps his load of builders' rubbish off the (steep!) side of the road. 🙁

woffle
    Free Member

what looked like a brand new upright dyson hoover in the middle of the Sussex countryside about 10 miles from anywhere.

Smee
    Free Member

There must be a forum out there somewhere aimed specifically at folk who want to freak other people out in the countryside.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

in my local woods i came across a guy camping. had a chat with him, turned out he was evicted from his house 3 years ago and lived in the woods ever since. he said he wasent scared and i was one of the 1st people to find his camp!!!

devs
    Free Member

Besides the police uniform, in another bit of woods miles away I found a glove tree. I'll go and see if it's grown any more this weekend. I haven't been that way for ages.

samuri
    Free Member

I'm impressed with dev's finds. I think the best I can manage is a freshly killed/butchered sheep. The blood was still flowing so it hadn't been dead long when I came across it.

stewmtb
    Free Member

David Blunkett.

Nearly ran over his dog 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DeVs, did you report that? Seriously, that's more than just a little creepy!

iDave
    Free Member

more than once I've seen a mountain biker wearing body armour on follow the dog. weird eh?

devs
    Free Member

No didn't report it. Thought about it but what would you say? "There's a kid's policeman outfit complete with handcuffs hanging in a dry cleaning bag from a tree in the middle of the woods." Hardly one for crimewatch. It was gone the next day anyways.
    Not far from that bit I once saw 2 women wearing crimson red capes walking along a path. Me being me I thought I would ask them where the big bad wolf was. I was greeted by the 2 darkest most expressionless stares I have ever seen. I didn't hang around for any more chitter chatter. There is lots of wierd stuff going on up there but it kind of adds to its appeal.

Pyro

A rare Cumbrian Banana Pine while racing a long-distance MTB event up the pennines. This was found in some woods just down from the Tan Hill. Funny, they tasted just like normal bananas, and damn was I glad of 'em…

I was riding the coastal path between Lymington and Christchurch when some bloke was walking towards me playing the bagpipes!

Had it been in Glen Tilt I would hardly have batted an eyelid, but down here…..

caledonia
    Free Member

Not tipping, but in one of my local forests, there is an artist by the name of FEMBEY. and some of these creations are a laff !

pitduck
    Free Member

was sat staring at the canal just off the ridge in marple when an elderly man naked except for walking boots and a cheery smile walked past. aahhh the north west eh. 😯

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘What's the strangest thing you've ever seen…..’ is closed to new replies.