Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Whats the legality of parking across someone gate/driveway access ?
  • toys19
    Free Member

What the **** is wrong with you. Don’t you think she has a right to access? Maybe we should block your front door because you are mobile enough to climb out the window? Get a grip.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No. It shows that some oldies would benefit from a walk to the end of the drive to get to a car.

No it doesn’t. You may be confusing correlation with causation

1 more
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9334293

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What the **** is wrong with you. Don’t you think she has a right to access? Maybe we should block your front door because you are mobile enough to climb out the window? Get a grip.

We may need to get incognito back in here to spot him for us

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

In a bid to keep the debate at it’s current level – yes it does.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

In a bid to keep the debate at it’s current level,
    show me

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

To be honest with you I cant be arsed.

incognito
    Free Member

dear god! whether the woman is fit enough to walk the distance or not is irrelevant. It’s common courtesy not to block access to someone’s drive whether they have a car or not. It’s not difficult is it?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

To be honest with you I cant be arsed.

Now that’s just not honest is it? You seemed arsed enough right up to the point where you had to provide evidence.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What planet do you live on incognito?

We have these ideas of common sense and common courtesy. Both of these terms refer to the most popular ideas around sense and courtesy. I guess that this means that common sense and common courtesy in modern life refer to being ignorant, unthinking and thick as ****.

incognito
    Free Member

what are you going on about?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Don’t worry he’s distracted, whilst looking for the evidence

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Merely pointing out that “common” courtesy might not be the best sort when you live in a country full of a-holes.

terrahawk
    Free Member

It is illegal to block someone’s drive/gates if the kerb has legitimately been dropped.
    We got ours dropped and we are plagued with idiots blocking us in.
    One guy left his car there all day. It took all day to get the police to give him a ticket, but get a ticket he did. 60 quid fine.

I was unable to go to work as a result of this blithering idiot. I wanted to chin the ****, so his 60 quid fine was a bit of a let-off.

GrahamS

Charliemungus – that’s ageist. If her mobility was that bad she would be in a wheelchair.

What bollocks. My wife’s gran just died last week at age 94. Until a couple of years ago she was getting about with a walking frame, but she would it would take a good 15 minutes to get her down the drive.

What planet do you live on incognito?
    We have these ideas of common sense and common courtesy. Both of these terms refer to the most popular ideas around sense and courtesy. I guess that this means that common sense and common courtesy in modern life refer to being ignorant, unthinking and thick as ****.

So wait, are you saying that blocking an elderly lady’s driveway is courteous?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Good game SBZ, but i reckon you are caught now.

Well done though. Good effort

gravitysucks
    Free Member

OK I’ll spell it out for you two yr olds. The car parking across her driveway is not preventing her from doing anything other than having a short walk to the car. It’s not preventing her going to any clubs or whatever.

Ok so my Gran, struggling with her breathing difficulties, has to walk 60foot to my car when I pick her up. She does have her own drive put someones parked in front of it, blocking access. I park as near as I can but its a fair walk for her. She stops every 10 feet and clings to me for support whilst trying to regain her breath. It takes us about 10 minutes to get her to the car by whch point she’s exausted. She’s already worried about having to do it again when I drop her off and its making her anxious. Not quite the Sunday aftrenoon out we both had planned.
    To be fair its not the drivers fault. I’m sure he’s a thoroughly nice bloke. Its probably my Grans fault for wanting to retain some form of dignity and independance. She should just except she should be wheel chair bound and stop trying to walk

Phototim
    Free Member

I can’t believe there is any kind of argument for parking in front of anyone’s driveway. If I had spent a premium on a house to have off road parking I’d be p1ssed if someone blocked the space. If the off road parking wasn’t there I’d be parking on the road taking up a full car length space, with off road parking the space is only a bit wider than a car width, I.e. smaller!

McHamish
    Free Member

It’s bonfire night soon…

Have your fireworks display in the front garden, just make sure that you point the fireworks up and not directly at the windows of his car. You wouldn’t want an unfortunate accident to happen to his car.

mr-bump
    Free Member

We had a problem with our next door neighbours parking across our driveway which was anoying to say the least. 😈

jond
    Free Member

>If I had spent a premium on a house to have off road parking I’d be p1ssed if someone blocked the space.

It’s not always quite as simple as that.
    Where we are now, everyone has a drive (and they’re deep enough to put a car on.) But because of the width of the road (a close) there’s parking bays staggered, so if anyone – or a few houses – had several lots of workmen around then there’s a good chance someone’s gonna get their drive parked across – fortunately everyone seems to be fairly reasonable about it.

Where we used to live – Edwardian/Victorian semis, the front gardens almost all too short to get anything much bigger than a Smart car onto front first, but with just enough room for 1 1/2 cars along the curb. Sometime you park outside your own house, sometimes you don’t – no big deal.
    Except – as described by an earlier poster – some decide to pave/tarmac the little frontage thay have. Which then buggers up anyone else parking around the overlap (not to mention that blowing away lots of front gardens looks shite) and you actually lose parking area.
    As an aside, a fair proportion of those that have paved their frontage also try to park a car that’s *too* bloody large and actually obstructs the not exactly wide) pavement where the corner sticks out. Now, where’s my chainsaw…..

retro83
    Free Member

Got linked to this:

OAP caught on CCTV using his car to shunt vehicle that was blocking his garage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1330189/Pensioner-banned-driving-using-car-shunt-vehicles-way.html

Bit of a shitter for the old fella tho 🙁 :

The Recorder fined Pemberton £500 for the first offence, £200 for the second offence and ordered him to pay the victim Sayid Sharif £620.59 to cover the cost of the damage to his Ford Ka and £200 for personal injury.

He also ordered Pemberton to pay £400 in court costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I wouldn’t think of parking in front of someones driveway but I was brought up to consider others and not just my own rear.

Last time someone parked in front my driveway I couldn’t drive to work but luckily they left their door unlocked so I released the handbrake and pushed the car down the road lol.

Neighbours son thought his car was stolen so I was told but he never parked there again 😆

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Whats the legality of parking across someone gate/driveway access ?’ is closed to new replies.