Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What’s the go to elbow pad?
  • bfebikerchap
    Free Member

Evening All,

As above really. Need some armour for BPW and similar and am wondering what’s good/ good value?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Got some G-form ones on ebay new and they’re really comfortable. Only bought them because I already had the knee pads and had tried a few at BPW. This type are by far the most comfy IMO if you want to pedal a bit while wearing them.

bfebikerchap
    Free Member

Thanks chap, I’ll take a look

joebristol

For uplift days I’d get something thicker / more hardcore than g-form ones. Pedalling isn’t really an issue at BPW.

I’d do for something with a decent level of D3O or a hard shell. Fox Launch with the hard shell could be good (but expensive).

I’ve got some Dainese hard shell ones that aren’t too hot but you definitely know you’re wearing them. I haven’t had a proper crash since I’ve been wearing them but they are a firm fit and are quite heavily padded and should slide on impact with the hard shells.

choppersquad
    Free Member

The problem I found with the hard shell ones is that although they probably give you more protection in a big stack, they were obviously more bulky so I couldn’t fit them under my jacket in the rain. Maybe a minor point but it wound me up.

submarined
    Free Member

I’ve got some IXS flows that are great for things like that. Just have to do them tighter than I initially think! Once sorted they don’t skip down the elbow though. I wear them on longer days as well. The knee ones rub sores on the back of my knees, but I think that’s due to my chicken legs, as two of my mates have the same pads and neither of them have that issue.

gkeeffe

I have the ixs ones. The answer to the chafing is chamois creme. Rub a bit on the knee or elbow and it’s magic.

Ixs are a good compromise between comfort and protection.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What’s the go to elbow pad?’ is closed to new replies.