Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • what's the difference between these three Truvativ Noir cranksets?
  • Markie
    Free Member

I’m daydreaming about a new ‘singlespeed’ crankset (and therefore bottom bracket style), and really like the look of the Truvativ Noirs but have a couple questions about them:

Firstly, what’s the difference between these two Noirs:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=61039
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=40188

If it’s just the rings and then great, effectively no difference at all as far as I’m concerned!

My second question is what’s the difference between the above triple cranksets and the Truvativ Noir 1.1 Singlespeed crankset? Is it just like the 3 ring cranks but without holes drilled for the granny? Does it still have the little nubbins that would be driled out to take the granny ring? I realise this shouldn’t matter, but figure I’d ask anyway!

Thanks for any help

Makr

mtbfix

Good question re those first two. I think that the ‘Team’ cranks are a 2010 model and so reduced. Both take 9spd so no difference that I can perceive.

The singlespeed crank does not have a mount for a small ring so sits closer to the frame and would not interfere with an excentric BB.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Having looked closely at both photos back and forth for a minute or so, I can tell you that there is no difference appart from the rings. Probably not much use to you, but I don’t think anyone else ‘ll have much more of an idea.

The cheap one seems like a bargain, but then again – either crankset forces you to use Truvativ’s IMO lame BB system, which is incompatible with other BBs and requires silly spacer things to work with Hope’s BB. N.B. There are other carbon cranksets out there!

Markie
    Free Member

Thanks mtbfix and no_eyed_deer, much appreciated – no diffrence was kinda the conclusion I came to too!

I’ll have to investigate whether or not the various triples I’ve looked at would foul an eccentric – I’d just kind of assumed they’d be fine. Thanks for the lookout.

On the bottom brackets, you’re right, GXP is a concern (I’m still square taper at the mo!)… maybe time for another look at Race Face!

Cheers

parkesie
    Free Member

just the rings but dont forget to factor in £30 for o2 top ups!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘what's the difference between these three Truvativ Noir cranksets?’ is closed to new replies.