Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Bristol trail developments
  • clubber
    Free Member

Yes indeed – sounds promising 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

good news indeed. thanks op.

flatfish
    Free Member

I thought you were going to tell us the trails are now under water and will be pants to ride for weeks to come 😉

rondo101
    Free Member

That as well flatfish. This time next year though, it might not be such an issue!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Having an all weather trail will be great, having them clogged up by by the extra visitors won’t.

Bah..

thebunk

More here, including a flash picture of the replacement for the kiosk!

http://www.betterbybike.info/bristol-mountain-biking-heaven-in-2011

FAQ and trailmaps at the bottom of the page.

clubber
    Free Member

having them clogged up by by the extra visitors won’t.

Bah..

LOL – will it really bring in that many more visitors? Maybe on a sunny day but more mtbers will still go to Wales I reckon

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I don’t normally bother going to Bristol trails ATM because there’s nicer stuff nearer in Somerset. But I probably will when these are built, esp. in winter.

I’m so lazy I can’t normally be bothered to go to Wales for the day either! I think it’s the toll that puts me off as much as anything.

So yes, this is welcome.

Burchy1
    Free Member

That looks interesting and a lot more promising than what we’ve ended up with locally at Haldon near Exeter, another of the 1SW sites.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cool 😀 Got an interview in Bristol next week, hoping something comes of it!

noteeth
    Free Member

It’s so nice of Bristol to celebrate my imminent return to the city in this manner.

I thank you all. 8)

TooTall
    Free Member

having them clogged up by by the extra visitors won’t.

The sour-faced lycra-clad serious bikers will put them off!

5AM
    Free Member

Looks good and not too far from me which is great 🙂

MrAgreeable

An STW thread consisting entirely of positive comments? What’s the world coming to? 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

7 miles of all weather trail, bogs and a caf sounds like mountain biking for townies ,real in the wild stuff for A6 owners !!!(is that negative enough?)

peasnotwar
    Free Member

Ok, positive……Better cafe/bike facilities and no more (hopefully) of the miserable anti biking gits who run the cafe at the mo.
    That’s about it really….
    Ashton court/Timberland has, since inception “flowed” the wrong way and in the current direction around the perimeter is pants!I wonder if direction signs will spring up?
    As for putting an “all” weather track through Leigh Woods …..it’s akin to building a motorway through Chew Valley……. but then it’ll need to accommodate all of the “extra” traffic…..
    Oh, and it will be £1.20 for a cup of hot water with a teabag in it!
    There you go, a bit of negativity for balance purposes….. but i am resigned to the fact that change is inevitable 🙁

KINGTUT
    Free Member

My post wasn’t entirely positive Mr A, I’m far from convinced it’s a great idea.

But then I’m a miserable ****.

EDIT: Though reading

There’s going to be no systematic policy of decommissioning older unofficial trails

makes me feel a tad happier, at least there may be some escape from dawdling trail blocking groups and families with tagalongs.

😉

nickegg
    Free Member

Sounds good as long as the trails are well designed, which under Phil’s guidance they should be. In regards to ‘flow’, i only ever do Ashton Court the ‘right’ way round. But then i do it as part of my commute from Lulsgate to Bike in Clifton so it makes sense to do it that way! No traffic to contend with at half 7 in the morning either 🙂

These trails are hardly the only ones in the area though are they? Some of the best stuff won’t be touched so be more positive Kingtut.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The majority of otherwise good riding around here does not ride so well in winters or in wet summers. So having some well-drained, hardened trails to hammer in winter is very welcome to me.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

These trails are hardly the only ones in the area though are they? Some of the best stuff won’t be touched so be more positive Kingtut.

I’m positive about an all weather track and I’m sure it will be done well, as long as people get out of my way I’m happy.

😉

(tongue firmly in cheek btw)

andy_hamgreen

why should they get out of your way ? – there will be proper lane discipline and speed cameras as well I’d imagine 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Don’t forget traffic lights.

scruff
    Free Member

I used to ride Ashton Court one way then turn round and go back t’other way before going off to Leigh Woods or that DH bit down the road. Perhaps a directional convoy operation may be a better idea ?

Since moving away I have never ridden in such filthy claggy mud again, I would welcome some harder surface if I was still there.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Bristol trail developments’ is closed to new replies.