• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What’s the decent, cheap, android phone du jour?
  • IHN

Wifey, the serial phone killer, has struck again and needs a new phone. I don’t really want to spend too much, cos it’ll doubtless have a limited life span…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Motorola g7

wzzzz
    Free Member

I always buy grade A from cex for my mrs or grade b for me. Sometimes B are perfect too.

free returns if their grading doesnt match yours and good warranty on them too.

jimmy

CEX B phones for me. They’re usually one barely-noticable flaw from perfect IME. Google Pixel 2 currently.

fatmountain
    Free Member

Looking at buying a Moto g8 LITE – seems decent! only 150 quid from John Lewis.

nuke

Motorola g7

This. Got the Power version last Christmas and im really impressed that a phone so relatively cheap can be so good these days

darkroomtim
    Free Member

Yep G7 power for me – use it for navigation – masses of battery power – no need to worry about running out of juice on a long ride.

mehr
    Free Member

No idea what they’re like but Nokia are selling the 7.2 for £199 with 3yrs warranty

teenrat

I have the honor 10 lite. Very good phone for the money (circa £120 new)

joshvegas
    Free Member

Not sure i’d pick a g7 for navigation. No compass can get proper irritating.

ransos
    Free Member

Would’ve recommended a Motorola, except mine caught fire.

DezB
    Free Member

Been investigating this myself, don’t want a big screen job, so like under the 6” screen size – had it down to a Samsung A20e or a Pixel 3a.
    Then saw the 4a is out in July same price as the 3a, so stuck on whether to wait.
    Its an absolute minefield, and if your wife wants a plus/XL phone there’s even more choice. Moto G8 is supposed to be best for battery life but is a bit chunky.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I think chunky phones are a non issue.

One its 7inches of screen it makes heehaw difference if its 10 or 15mm thick.

Two solid days of heavy usage on a charge though. Thats a game changer.

DezB
    Free Member

Depends if the OP wants a 7” screen really. I know I don’t.

mogrim

Depends if the OP wants a 7” screen really. I know I don’t.

I thought I did, and got a Samsung A70. And it’s just a little too big – it’s lovely to use when you’re sitting down at a table, but when you’re on the move it’s a pain. I generally carry the phone in a front pocket and it’s uncomfortable in the car. Trying to use it with just the one hand is complicated, and I don’t have particularly small Trump hands. Not so serious that I’m thinking of changing it, but the next phone I get will probably be a little bit smaller.

IHN

Thanks all, she ended up going with an ‘early upgrade’ with EE, and got a Pixel 3a from them for £90

DezB
    Free Member

Cool, I got something right! 😂
    I guess that’s a contract, so phone is £90 + monthly payment?

IHN

Yep, contract

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What’s the decent, cheap, android phone du jour?’ is closed to new replies.