Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What’s out there: flat carbon handlebars?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

I’ll accept +5mm / -5mm bars too as I might like to play with the -5mm side of it.

Must be: 31.8mm, at least 9 degree sweep, 740mm wide.

No rise but as above some of the “flat top” bars allow for 5mm either way as the bar centre is offset.

So far I have:
    Salsa Salt Flats
    Richey WCS
    Control Tech
    USE Rip
    FSA
    Pro Koryak
    Mt Zoom

Any others?

tomhoward

Beast components? It’s 8 degree sweep but fits every other metric though

Kuco

ENVE M5

smallspinsized
    Free Member

Is there an easy way to find out the backsweep of bars? I’m interested in the above too but don’t know what sweep my Whyte bars have.

Vortexracing

Renthal

Pickers

SQlabs, 12 or 16 deg, carbon or alloy.

windyg
    Free Member

Darimo bars tick all your requirements

LAT

i had a pair of niner bars that are what you describe, but in aluminium. there was a carbon option when i bought them 6 or 7 years ago.

@smallspinsized
    most bars have a 9° back sweep and a 4 or 5° up sweep. the original spec sheet for the bike ma give you exact info. failing that an email to Whyte would probably get you the answer.

jwh
    Free Member

MTzoom
    ULTRALIGHT 760MM CARBON FLAT BAR, 9 DEGREE BEND 128G

i’ve got a pair on the xc hardtail and they are very light.

footflaps

What happened to Easton and their EC90/EC70 carbon flat bars?

Still have a set of 99g EC90s on my pub/town bike 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

MT Zoom, they’re awesome

Ben_H

Race Face Next Flat Wide carbon bar is close to these requirements – 720mm width, 8 degree sweep.

andrewh
    Free Member

Another vote for Mt Zoom, I’ve been using them for ages and they’ve been faultless.
    You could easily spend twice as much on a set for no discernable improvement

nedrapier

Easton and Race Face are owned by the same company. Easton name is now being saved for road. Easton MTB stuff now being branded as Race Face, so check there.

molgrips
    Free Member

SQ Labs are the best place to get the combination of rise, sweep and width you want. Also a fairly good place to empty your wallet in exchange for some carbon, but they do alloy as well.

earl_brutus

enve m6 here – pricey but lush

desperatebicycle

I’ve got these on one bike, fit your specs, I believe they are carbon wrapped alu, so look like carbon bars (which is all that matters if we’re completely honest 😉 ) –
    Gravity Gravity Light CSI Flat Bar – 740mm – 31.8mm – 10° Backsweep – 4° Upsweep
    Mine are the 777mm width ones.

toby

Does anyone have any experience of the Selcof £50 flat carbon bars from On One?

What I’ve seen of the Selcof branded stuff has been reasonably quality, though I’ve heard that the base spec bits are pretty heavy.

mjsmke

Does anyone have any experience of the Selcof £50 flat carbon bars from On One?

Yes, they came on my xc bike. No problems so far. Though they are only 6 degrees backsweep. Lighter than a lot of competitors too. I’m tempted to get their matching carbon seatpost but don’t know how long it is.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What’s out there: flat carbon handlebars?’ is closed to new replies.