Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 152 total)
  • What’s mildly annoying you today?
  • ads678

Stinking cold.

Daughter sent home from school, because she coughed.

Sonder Transmitter frame is £100 more expensive than it was yesterday, and I was going to buy one for my son. Think I’ll look for a second hand full suss now!

tthew

The fact that my dog’s still pulling on her lead despite 5 months of (seemingly ineffectual) training

@verses
    @stcolin have you tried a slip lead including using the nose loop? Makes an amazing difference with ours, the only drawback is that people assume he’s aggressive because of the ‘muzzle’ (he’s an as soft as shite Cockerpoo).

Actual mildly annoying was two driver incidents on my commute to work this morning. Two a month would be unusual for me, but I had one aggressive a-hole and a SMIDSY this morning.

ready

Because of a poor nights sleep, EVERYTHING!

and it’s dark by 7pm

Richie_B

Being pinned against a wall by some foaming mouthed gammon for the second time in three days screaming about the cost of repairing a retaining wall to a church costing enough to build three houses and how the need to pay for an archaeologist was health and safety gone mad (???). When the reality is:
    On the costs he is working from the last time he built a house or employed a builder was the nineteen seventies
    The wall is getting on for seventy metres long and 1.5m high and there is enough stone and foundations in it for getting on for five houses (but is still going to cost substantially less)
    The scheme we are going for costs 70% of the scheme that the engineer he appointed on the basis that he was £50 cheaper than the engineer we recommended and who has since disappeared without leaving any paperwork so we had to go back to the ‘exorbitantly expensive’ engineer and start from scratch
    Part of the reason the wall is coming down now is that against advice they cut the trees down, which although over the last eighty years have caused the problem their roots were holding most of the wall and soil behind it in place but now aren’t.
    The wall currently overhangs a main road (not exaggerating) so a road licence will be needed which is costing a significant chunk of the costs.
    I’m not going to begin to put him right about the need for an archaeologist in a medieval churchyard built on a mound that is pretty certain to be a far older burial site….

Sorry about the failure to use block capitals and bold type but I tried that when I told them not to cut the trees down and it didn’t work

superram
    Free Member

The clowns that are Hermes. Waiting for a CRC order that they’ve been in ‘posssesion’ of for 9 days. I know it’s either stolen or lost (my money is on stolen), but it’s still infuriating. CRC have been informed….

tthew

👆 Unless you simply have no choice, I’d be shrugging my shoulders and agreeing with Mr Gammon.

“Yeah mate, you’re quite right. I can do no more I’m afraid, it’s probably best you sort it out”

mjsmke

Stuck at work. Want to ride but stuck at work and too tired to ride after work. Waiting for the weekend to catch up on sleep, then get annoyed at myself for not riding much because I’m too tired to ride.

sadexpunk

had one of my tripadvisor posts removed for being ‘inappropriate’.

load of small-minded bitching on the crete forum, especially about hire cars. theres two different sides who just bitch at each other all the time, trying to diss the other sides favourite recommendations constantly.

newbie posts a thread ‘any recommendations for car hire’ and i put the standard singletrack response….. *pulls up chair* hobnobs anyone?
    one of the ‘sides’ has obviously taken offence at that and reported it 😂
    sad thing is it just gets removed with no investigation.

so petty it doesnt really annoy me, but itd be nice to know which of the two faced members it was that reported it.

BigJohn

Pre-prepared. That means prepared, right?

Richie_B

👆 Unless you simply have no choice, I’d be shrugging my shoulders and agreeing with Mr Gammon.

That works with a lot but this was someone who wanted an argument (and at least in his own head shift some of the blame). It would also get spread around the village as proof that someone is ripping someone else off

I was tempted to mention Brexit, material prices, supply delays etc just to see him go critical but I’m generally a nicely brought up polite person. It would also cause a whole world of trouble for the lady who is picking up the mess and trying to resolve things, which she doesn’t need

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Yet another cancelled house-viewing at short notice.

Spent all morning cleaning the house top to bottom inside and out (again) only for the viewer to do a drive-by half an hour before their appointment, phone the estate agent and cancel saying “oooh, it’s on a main road”.

Plus, I had to postpone a meeting with a client in order to accommodate them.

This is by no means the first time it’s happened and I’m beginning to lose my patience with these halfwits.

jimmy

I used to work with a girl / lady who was great at making my life (and others’)  a misery just by being aggressive in everything she did. That was 10 years ago. Yesterday our paths crossed again and I thought she may have mellowed…

But no. 5 minute phone call and I’m completely riled again.

verses

@tthew we’ve not tried a slip lead as I thought they were considered cruel.

We tried this for a while (sounds like the nose loop you mention, but she’s able to wriggle out of it, so I spend more time fitting it back on than actually walking;
    https://www.cannyco.com/products/canny-collar

allanoleary
    Free Member

oooh, it’s on a main road

Could be worse…. could be a close off a narrow road that is used as a cut through at rush hour between 2 main roads, with cars parked on both sides making it basically a singletrack road. Took me 20 minutes to get out of my close today as nobody was willing to give an inch. That mildly annoyed me

sheeps

Work… sitting out 3 months notice. Down to T-6 days and nothing to do. Why can I just go and ride my mountain bike, rather than reading the forum on work’s time?

james-rennie

What’s annoying me mildly today?
    My dog spoke again, and as usual it was whilst Mrs was out of earshot.

toby1

Oh and ‘preorder’ is absurd, its marketing speak to make things sound more exclusive than they actually are

From my days in e-commerce I’d agree, a pre-order is recorded but you can’t charge for it till you have the stock, so it’s not like an active ‘order’ and the customer still has the right to cancel up until you start processing it.

Today, filling spreadsheets in with ‘estimated’ factual data to form a ‘plan’ that doesn’t represent anything like reality, but it’s what they want. I am leaving this job tomorrow and have just had a 2:30-3:30 handover meeting booked, talk about final hour!

the-muffin-man

“oooh, it’s on a main road”.

I’m getting “ooh, there’s no drive” – despite there being no mention of a drive or photos of a drive! 🙂

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Pre-prepared. That means prepared, right?

No.

That’s just getting ready to be prepared later. You haven’t actually got prepared yet, and until such time as you do, you can at any point cancel the idea of being prepared.

thols2

What are you supposed to call it, a video?

Yes, because that’s what it is. My annoyance with this has now gone beyond mild. My piss is boiling.

Philby

Thought I had a meeting (a real in person one) today so put on a shirt and smart jeans instead of a T-shirt and shorts, only to find out its next Thursday. Not sure I can be bothered to change.

shinton
    Free Member

Nettle stings from this morning’s ride around delamere.

FuzzyWuzzy

Microwave ready meals where you actually need to oven cook part of it. Waitrose Chicken Katsu curry I’m looking at you… I’d happily microwaved it for the indicated time but something made me read the instructions a bit closer only to read I was supposed to separately cook the chicken piece for 20 minutes in the oven.

FFS I’m a lazy sod that needs near-instant gratification, that’s why I bought a microwave ready meal in the first place! Oh and why does a <1cm thick bit of chicken need 20 minutes in an oven anyway?

desperatebicycle

That no-one is falling for my elaborate, extremely real looking bike sales site. I thought I’d get rich! Rich I say!
    https://bikekk.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

ThePilot
    Free Member

I’d be delighted to be only mildly annoyed.

somafunk

What’s mildly annoying you today?

Majid Nawaz on LBC, he’s an arrogant prick

thepurist

I’ve been trying to pay a company since Monday so they can send something back to me after servicing it. 3 phone calls so far and they still haven’t taken my money or sent me an invoice. How is this so difficult?

jambourgie
    Free Member

The term ‘curated by’ in the context of anything other than a museum, but specifically, popular music…

EDIT: Just deleted a whole wall of text rant about why this is so but started to feel my blood pressure rising. Let’s just move on.

13thfloormonk

Cloud working.

I’m the only one downloading/working on various documents, none of which could be bigger than 3mb AND I have super fancy fibre to the property broadband, but it genuinely seems that I am working faster than the cloud can update, so I get constant conflicts and ‘there’s a newer version of this document available’ messages that I’m starting to think I can safely ignore but not after saving numerous copies of things to desktop whilst trying to figure out what version is on the ‘cloud’… 🙄

RustySpanner

Trying to get a PAC from Virgin…….

Cougar

Being pinned against a wall by some foaming mouthed gammon for the second time in three days

You’ve reported these repeated assaults to the police, yes?

Cougar

cut lines on packets of cheese in the wrong place.

You need instructions to tell you how to open cheese?

I might need to get some magnifying specs.

As opposed to the ones that make things smaller?

The price of heating oil.

Why are you heating up oil?

What’s mildly annoying you today?

Pedantry for comic effect.

Cougar

people telling me “that’s how we’ve always done it”

That’s not mildly annoying, it’s likely to instigate a full-on soapbox rant.

Microwave ready meals where you actually need to oven cook part of it.

Microwave ready meals which say “peel back film lid and stir” and the glue is stronger than the film.

Corollary: sticky labels on things. I bought a bin for the bathroom yesterday,* it had a big “soft close!” sticker on the front and a 3″ barcode sticker on the back, now it has two matching sticky messes.

(* – Technically I didn’t buy it for the bathroom, it’s not the bathroom’s birthday. Rather, I bought it for us to put in the bathroom.)

LAT

What annoys my consistently is photos of bikers with their leg propped on their back wheel. It’s ridiculous and just shows you can lift one leg up. That and the fact they’re mindless style over substance sheep!

calm down, i’m sure this pose is meant to be humorous.

i’m annoyed that the thread about the bloke caught speeding has been closed with no explanation.

molgrips
    Free Member

As opposed to the ones that make things smaller?

No, the ones that keep things the same size.

boombang
    Free Member

Got payout from car insurance claim (theft, vehicle never recovered) so gone to pay off finance for the replacement, only for payment to fail. Lots of calls later turns out they have a very low unpublished limit for online finance settlement and I need to revert to bank transfer or cheque.

mjsmke

‘Live Photos’

They’re not live, or photos. They’re short videos.

tthew

i’m annoyed that the thread about the bloke caught speeding has been closed with no explanation.

Actually, this now I come to think about it. Would be nice to have a brief resume of the reasons, it wasn’t getting too unpleasant.

Slightly perturbed by i’m  instead of I’m, but not sure if it’s good form to correct grammar in a quotation.

Kryton57

I’m going to add to mine; the massive long list of shortages we face on the Sky News site, despite a warning of not to panic buy and citing CO2 shortages as the blame for the majority.

With about 5 words at the very end of a very long article which I doubt most people will read in the form of “the CO2 crisis has been resolved”.

Scarmongering at its finest, watch the shelves start emptying.

somafunk

I’m annoyed that the thread about the bloke caught speeding has been closed with no explanation.

Really?, that thread was so bloody obvious that it had to be a trolling post.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘What’s mildly annoying you today?’ is closed to new replies.