Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)
  • What’s mildly annoying you today?
  • oldtennisshoes

Proper first world problem / language evolves / get over yourself stuff for me 🙂

1. Prebooked, preordered, prewhatever – I’m pre-ty sure it didn’t used to be the case.
    2. Apostrophes used to identify a ‘term’ that were never ‘needed’ before.

What about you lot?

lamp
    Free Member

Boris Johnson’s speech.

lamp
    Free Member

Oh and ‘preorder’ is absurd, its marketing speak to make things sound more exclusive than they actually are….surely ‘preorder’ doesn’t exist, you’re just ordering!

Not with you on the apostrophes though! 🙂

doris5000

my lower back

Klunk
    Free Member

cut lines on packets of cheese in the wrong place.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

The jalapenos I put on my pizza last night.

verses

The fact that my dog’s still pulling on her lead despite 5 months of (seemingly ineffectual) training

Exhibit A
    https://i.imgur.com/M4RXVfq.png

Mister-P
    Free Member

The use of the word edit

“This is what a bike edit should look like!”

“Queens of Gnar – Women’s Debut Edit”

Harry_the_Spider

Coffee splash damage to one of the paper stickers on the Lego Audi rally car that sits on my desk.

tomhoward

That the £15 pizza I had a couple of nights ago in an (Italian) restaurant was no better than a supermarkets own frozen pizza. Not the posh ones either.

I’ve calmed down since then too.

oldtennisshoes

The fact that my dog’s still pulling on her lead despite 5 months of (seemingly ineffectual) training

Labradors are born half trained, cocker spaniels die half trained.

intheborders
    Free Member

When you get to a certain age that you’ve forgotten more stuff about your job than some of the people you’re dealing with have ever known…

goldfish24

The guardian reporting that supermarket industry leaders are concerned that photographs of empty shelves could lead to panic buying and more empty shelves. What do they illustrate the story with?

the-muffin-man

That my car still isn’t back from the body-shop. Took it in on 9th before I went away on holiday to have all the underside stripped, wire-brushed, grinded, bit of welding then sealed. It’s going to be Saturday now.

Sounds like they are making a proper job of it though!

kayak23

Medium density fibreboard

thols2

The use of the word edit

This. Also “steed”, especially “trusty steed”.

molgrips
    Free Member

People who moan bitterly about the evolution of language, apparently completely unaware that the language they are using to moan about the evolution of langauge is itself an evolution of the previous langauge.

êow bydel stunte

Oh and ‘preorder’ is absurd, its marketing speak to make things sound more exclusive than they actually are….surely ‘preorder’ doesn’t exist, you’re just ordering!

No, pre-ordering is a different thing. Ordering means you expect it to arrive fairly soon, pre-ordering is when you order something that you know is not available yet but it will be sent out when it is. Back-order is when you order something that has been available, and won’t be for a while but then will be again sometime in the future. They are sub-types of ordering, but the terms add semantic information.

Today what else is annoying me is work. I have loads to do but I want to be fixing my car.

gallowayboy

Mildly annoying me? oh, that fly over there I guess. Perhaps our glorious fool evoking the spirit of kermit.
    There’s quite a lot that’s working at a higher frequency at the moment though.

hooli

Pretty much everything today, I am going to ride my bike at lunchtime and see if I can snap out of it.

grahamt1980

Currently covid and having to do a few more days of home schooling

endoverend

That the text on this site has just gone really small…I might need to get some magnifying specs.

verses

What’s mildly annoying you today?

Small body text and overly large quoted text.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’m pre-ty

The fact you missed a t from the word pretty.

What annoys my consistently is photos of bikers with their leg propped on their back wheel. It’s ridiculous and just shows you can lift one leg up. That and the fact they’re mindless style over substance sheep!

verses

What’s mildly annoying you today?

Small body text and overly large quoted text.

Changes to the forum that make your previously barely funny comment, even less funny.

MoreCashThanDash

Nothing is mildly annoying me today.

I’m **** furious with everyone and everything.

stcolin
    Free Member

@verses Feel your pain. Our 8 months old cocker is exactly the same. It’s a full time stressful job. I’m waiting for the nice parts of dog ownership.

fasthaggis

A fly that keeps landing on my head, but somehow manages to hide very well when I try and hunt it down.
    The cat,she has gone in and out of the house about 10 times today and still feels she has to announce her every arrival during a Teams meetings.

Daffy

The price of heating oil.

sharkattack

The use of the word edit

But it’s a bunch of clips edited together. What are you supposed to call it, a video? A video is one of those big plastic cassettes from decades ago.

I’m mildly annoyed that it’s hot and sunny and I’m stuck at work with a brand new, unridden bike sitting in the house.

weeksy

getting older and a lack of immortality.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

That I’m replying to this

StuF

Being stuck in teams meetings when I’d prefer to be getting on with some real work.

willard

A 60 minute timeout on a web portal that is not related to activity, so it times out even when I am doing work. It is really, really annoying

Ro5ey
    Free Member

15th wedding anniversary … the Mrs had got me Crystal “style” wine glasses.

Im not that bother, but the amount of different glasses we already have at maison de rose is ridiculous

Edit I should add neither of us really drink, bottle of wine will get opened for sunday lunch and then sit on the work top all week.

blokeuptheroad

Coffee shop selling out of the sandwich I wanted. Ordering an ‘artisan’ sausage roll as a stand in and foolishly agreeing to have it ‘warmed’ (nuked with microwaves). Cue greasy pastry hell.

I solicit your thoughts and prayers

nickc

people telling me “that’s how we’ve always done it”

dyna-ti

Now got to go out and get marine level outdoor sealant for around small perspex windows, and oil based exterior paint, and dark filler,and felt glue, and this and that. Last time I build a dog/cat kennel for someone else as a good turn, be bloody cheaper just buying one.

And it would, seen them for 50/60 quid and im out about 90 thus far.

baddddad
    Free Member

Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

Kryton57

Work

csb

That Boris is so shamelessly pretending to be a tree-hugging advocate of change.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘What’s mildly annoying you today?’ is closed to new replies.