Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • What’s great in the world at the moment?
  • darthpunk
    Free Member

Between Brexit talk, Extinction Rebellion/rich folk ignoring climate change, facism still being a thing and the Cheif Cheeto just proving that whatever the social experiment was that put him in power has now run it’s course, the world is feeling like a pretty dark place at the moment…….and the clocks haven’t even gone back.

So what’s great/uplifting/beautiful/positive/general cheery uppy at the moment? anything at all, music/films/pics of bunnies/your bike/a bag of chips.

Drac

Mince pies so many choices of mince pies.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

43 working days left till retirement.
    Mid October and people are swimming in the sea outside my Mediterranean retirement flat

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Full length mudguards.
    Riding through puddles.
    Beer.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Freshly cut watercress.

kayak23

A lady let me out of the junction this morning. How lovely 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Sitting on the sofa with my dogs.

lunge

parkrun
    The sun is shining in Birmingham and I’m going for a run at lunch.
    Salopian Oracle is back on at my local pub.
    I’m going out on Saturday, we’re going to a bar first (40 St Pauls, the greatest gin bar in the world), followed by, in my opinion, the best restaurant in Birmingham (Folium, go there, it’s incredible, even if the Michelin inspectors don’t agree). And all with some of the finest people I know.

tthew

There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro.

#inbeforerustyspanner

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

The latest Triumph Street Triple 765 RS.

kennyp
    Free Member

After nearly a year off with injury I’ve been back out biking, walking, swimming etc recently. Fitness almost non-existent but loving every minute of it.

kennyp
    Free Member

There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro.

What about descending the Stiperstones?

taxi25
    Free Member

Millions of things a great, the trick is to not look at the news 👍

Marin
    Free Member

My wood burner being fitted today, just had a sausage roll, may go for a swim in the sea after work tomorrow, the sun is out.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The new Portico Quartet album is keeping me in good spirits

https://youtu.be/n-HOL0VrUzQ

fasthaggis

My ride to work on a beautiful Autumnal morning listening to a great music mix.
    “I find my peace in open spaces”

johndoh
    Free Member

Slowly pushing a freshly sharpened pencil into a rubber?

ThePinkster

Aldi have their Stollen bites in store 🙂

tthew

What about descending the Stiperstones?

Well I don’t know about that but,

Halfway up the Wrekin with an empty flask of tea,
    a fog descends and takes away my visibility
    Yet in this Helen Keller state, I’d still quite like to know
    Why is Rod Hull alive – and getting paid as well?

P-Jay
    Free Member

This is rather personal,

but at the tender age of 41, after about 11 years of graft, set-backs, struggles, lots and lots of saving and a LOT of stress…

I finally had an offer accepted to buy our first home, well, a tiny bit of it and a massive financial burden.

The stress level has ramped up to 11, I’ve got meeting with the Bank, a Solicitor the Estate Agent (they really are as slimy as their image) I’m learning about all manner of expensive things I didn’t know existed and our expected moving day is remarkably close to Christmas – but hey, it’s all good.

cinnamon_girl

Freshly cut watercress.

Have you tried watercress gin Cap’n?

IHN

43 working days left till retirement.

**** you, you ****ing ****.

cinnamon_girl

Glorious Autumn colours.

daviek

Slowly pushing a freshly sharpened pencil into a rubber?

I nearly spat my coffee out at that 🙂

I’d say at the minute my kids are, it might not last more than a few days …. or hours but right now they are indeed great

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CG, you know where I live…!

Watercress EVERYTHING! 😎

Hope you’re on good form!

molgrips
    Free Member

My septuagenarian folks got hit by an oncoming car whilst driving a couple of days ago in a 60mph limit. That’s not so great but:

– Their little Fiesta was so well designed that they broke nothing, my Dad was able to climb out of the passenger door. It even called 999 on its own
    – First woman on the scene looked after them and told the angry other driver to **** off, managed the situation perfectly.
    – My sister managed to track them down via 101 who knew about it and where it was

What does this mean? It means at least some people care about doing things better – EU with its Euro NCAP, Ford with its car design, the stranger looking after them, the people who created 101. Not to mention the A&E staff who were lovely as always.

I appreciate that not everyone has access to these benefits though.

MoreCashThanDash

My kids are achieving great things in their own interests, growing up caring, rational, independent minded and tolerant. That suggests we’ve done a good job with them so far.

batfink
    Free Member

got a tax rebate today….. now online shopping

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

**** you, you ****ing ****.

yeah, I get that a lot just now

wordnumb
    Free Member

Mince pies so many choices of mince pies.

I like the ones with a marzipan lined lid. So decadent.
    But to answer the OP, it’s stopped raining for a bit!

bikebouy
    Free Member

My wife called me an arsehole this morning, I was surprised and shocked TBH… So that looks like it’s run it’s course.

I did some neat artwork on one of my surfboards and that looks flipping brilliant (IMO)

Suns out, which is a surprise and welcome after what feels like weeks of pissing rain.

Coffee and Lunch is rather good.

Two LWL sitting across from me are very eloquent and rather lovely.

Erm, I might go for a pint on my own tonight.

Houns

Lovely things?

Extinction Rebellion are protesting

Been to a local arboretum this morning to take in the beautiful autumnal colours and blue skies

Currently sat outside my local (Robin Hood Lunge) having ridden here drinking Wye Valley HPA and Rising Sun (2 of each) actually sun is too bright and can hardly read this as I type

fasthaggis

A messsage to say that my new bike frame has arrived, yay.
    :-)>>> Autumn shed evenings ahoy<<< 🙂

somafunk

<h1 class=”post-title”>What’s great in the world at the moment?</h1>

It’s now 13.54 and i have yet to shit or dribble piss down my leg, the day is early so best not get too excited……. whoo hoo

choppersquad
    Free Member

Ellie Taylor…..Another reason to watch Plebs.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tits
    Cheese
    Mountains
    Sunshine
    Tea
    Cuddles
    Pizza
    Real fires…

All still good, despite everything.

lunge

Currently sat outside my local (Robin Hood Lunge)

I haven’t been there for years @Houns, what’s it like? Loving time in The Waggon on Worcester Street (Enville and Salopian) and The Red House (The old Hogs Head, always seem to have some Fixed Wheel on).

racefaceec90

well for me personally i recently got my first bass guitar (a lovely sunburst squier affinity jazz bass,fender rumble 15 amp and a zoom b1 on effects pedal).

am loving it i have to say and chuffed that i just learned how to play psycho killer by talking heads (definite!y not easy for me lol).

i wiant to be known as bassfaceec90 from now on 😂👍

edit should have added tina weymouth is a bloody awesome bassist 👍

Ro5ey
    Free Member

My little lady is six weeks into secondary school and loving every minute of it. She stands by the front door each morning jumping up and down asking to leave to get her there early.

She’s just rung me from her 2nd XC race where she came 18th out of 100 odd girls, she was sooo excited bless her… here’s to her continuing to think school is the greatest thing ever.

While the lad’s U9 rugby team have started full contact at the start of the season and they are going great guns. Each week we see a different boy overcome his fear and get stuck in. It’s great to see them grow and, as one of the coaches we must be doing something right as we still have over 30 kids in our age group

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What’s great in the world at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.