Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What's a Podger??
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

No, I’m not talking about slightly rotund people. I’ve just seen a podger spanner on Amazon and have no idea what it’s used for? Could someone enlighten me?

bearnecessities

It’s used for professional bodging.

My coat? Thank you!

winston_dog
    Free Member
    joat

You’ve not done much steel erecting then? The first rule of steel erecting is, get your bolt in first. The pointy end is to align the holes in the steelwork so you can.

benji
    Free Member

Podger bars are also useful for aligning holes in suspension components.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Not using a podger as an apprentice led me to the greatest advice that I ever got.

I was pushing my finger through the bolt hole of a flange into the next flange whilst trying to line them up. The tradesman who I was working with went off on one shouting. “Would you put your cock in there” no I replied, obviously. We’ll never put your fingers, where you wouldn’t put your dick came his reply. He sent me off to get a podger.

paladin

Saves yer fingers

avdave2

A set builder I work with lent his podger to a colleague who only discovered later that Trevor also used his podger to “access his girlfriends back door”

wrightyson
    Free Member

As above. No hard hat will ever save you from a falling podger out the picker basket.
    Its a finger saver when erecting structural steel, however I always go by my dads golden rule, ” never put your fingers where you wouldn’t put your knob”

RobHilton
    Free Member

A set builder I work with lent his podger to a colleague who only discovered later that Trevor also used his podger to “access his girlfriends back door”

He clearly didn’t want to put his fingers where he would put his cock.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I always go by my dads golden rule, ” never put your fingers where you wouldn’t put your knob”

I appear to have been your dad’s apprentice 🙂

pocketrocket
    Free Member

Still wear a denture plate to this day to replace my missing front tooth when I slipped with a 36mm podger.
    I was 30 odd foot up in the air in a cherry picker at the time and remember spitting out bits of tooth like they do in the cartoons, came a bit sharp I can tell you!

choppersquad
    Free Member

I now consider myself enlightened. Thanks everyone.

JonEdwards
    Free Member
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What's a Podger??’ is closed to new replies.