Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whats a good alternative for 5.10s for wet winter riding?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Got some waterproof socks but pretty much one winters riding killed the last pair of 5 10’s I had they spent most of winter damp and soggy despite post ride paper/airing cupboard treatment.

Anything out there a bit better in the winter but still with decent soles for flats?

sambob
    Free Member

Only one answer IMO, Shimano AM40. A year of peaks riding and they are still in good condition.

angryratio
    Free Member

several pairs of 20quid sports direct air walks.. 😛 rotate them on the drying schedule..
    a poor mans vans…. they last about five minutes however.

bilberryhunter
    Free Member

Dickies safety trainers, good tread to lock into flats, stiffish sole, good grip on when you end up pushing, water resistant and above all VAT free and cheap. Reinforced toe caps have also afforded good protection for my tootsies especially when night riding off piste.

p.s. You may also be able to liberate them from your employer for nowt.

alexpalacefan

I spray my 5:10s with water-resistant juice. seems to help.

APF

Mackem

i just use my walking shoes, they do fine.

devs
    Free Member

Disposable nappies or puppy pads for 8 hours and then airing cupboard or radiator. Dry in a day. The water repellant spray that shoe shops sell works for a while. I’m just about to put my 1st pair of 5:10s to rest after 4 years of Scottish all year riding. And that’s only because the sole has finally given way where the V12s have worn through it. The newer ones seem to be more waterproof and less spongy anyways.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whats a good alternative for 5.10s for wet winter riding?’ is closed to new replies.