Viewing 4 posts - 201 through 204 (of 204 total)
  • what would you vote most important computer game in the history of gaming?
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

Man I’m feeling all nostalgic now, some serious memories in that Speccy emulator. Way of the Exploding Fist – first of the 1 on 1 combat genre maybe?

Cougar

Just played Atic Atac for the first time in about 20 years.

Three keys, one part of the ACG key, 75% scored.

I don’t think I’ve ever done that well. (-:

andypaul99
    Free Member

Important games to me are ones that give an adrenalin boost to the industry rather than just being groundbreaking.

Elite is a groundbreaking game but i wouldnt say it was a revolution – so id go with.

Super mario bros – Gameboy / SNES
    Tomb Raider- utter brilliance
    Tetris – try to put it down on the gameboy!
    Doom / Quake – which spawned a zillion games inc Call of Duty
    Outrun- the only game you had to que for at the local muzzies!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Don’t really think you can point to 1 game, but if I have to doom/doom2 would be the one. But there’s also sorts of seminal moments, I think you probably need to base it on genres.

For me, off the top of my head special mention to, street fighter 2, tekken 2, age of empires 2, sensible soccer, fifa99, proevo 2006, F197, colin macrae rally, wipeout, metal gear solid, unreal tournament, counter strike, and bringing it up to the modern era, for me battlefield 3 is a massive jump on the competition.

biggest thing for gaming I reckon was the playstation though, that was when games started to get really good and mature. Before then, grear games were few and far between and you didn’t know any better, so nostalgia kicks in(well apart from sensi and street fighter 2, they’re still great game today!)

Viewing 4 posts - 201 through 204 (of 204 total)

The topic ‘what would you vote most important computer game in the history of gaming?’ is closed to new replies.