Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • What Waterproof jacket for the school run (£150ish)?!?
  • tod456
    Free Member

What would the hive recommend?

Otherwise I’m buying a rab firewall jacket like the rest of the dad’s that work in IT but want to be a forester.

iamanobody
    Free Member

most middle class request ever!!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Audi A6 Avant?

tod456
    Free Member

Audi A6 Avant …. i wish 😉

Audi = Arcteryx

VW = Rab

hot_fiat

Showers Pass Refuge (subtle) or Atlas (stand out like sore thumb), but only when they have their sale on.

BadlyWiredDog

Fjällräven, obviously. But you can’t afford it…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Montane minimus

doris5000

What do you normally wear when it’s raining?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Moncler.

Kryton57
    perchypanther
    Free Member

Disappointed Flashy didn’t recommend Harris tweed. 🙁

tod456
    Free Member

Fjällräven, I can’t afford the Land Rover Defender to go with it either …. maybe soon

Middle management

Currently wear a Regatta but i was only a 1st line support, when i got it, i’m now lower managment so “need” a new jacket, so i don’t get wet on the school run.

the-muffin-man

The Mash nails it again! 🙂

tod456
    Free Member

Rab Jackets for standing around in a field…  Decathlon lolzz  …. you know the Rab Dad’s look down at you on the school run ??

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Just send them to boarding school

wl
    Free Member

I bagged a Gore Active Shell cheap online – £137 I think.  It’s mint.  Only downside is it’s thin material so not the most robust, but that’s probably no problem for school runs. Size up if you’re tempted – they’re short (at the front) and tight.

tod456
    Free Member

thanks but I think the Gore “Active Shell” is going to be a bit too thin as it’s need to handle the monkey bars at the local playground too.

FuzzyWuzzy

Whatever’s in TKMaxx you like the look of

jeffl

I got one of these. Quite like it, has long monkey arms which suits me.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/forclaz-400-mens-waterproof-jacket-black-id_8302503.html

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

does it have to be £150 :0)

moncler isnt that a joke brand purely for footballers and drug dealers on too much money

when did rab waterproofs hit £140-£160, last couple ive had for £75-85 (only 2 years back)

sorry op i cant help..

BadlyWiredDog

I’d just go and browse Sport Pursuit and choose something that’s:

1. Waterproof

2. Looks like what you want it to

3. Is in the right price bracket. For everyday use, all the expensive fabrics and cunning vents and neat hood designs and laminated seam details etc are all pretty much irrelevant. You just want it to keep you dry, look okay, not cost too much.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’ve got a BNWT musto Solent gore-tex for sale if you happen to be XL

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Surely Drizabone full length with matching dog coat.  And a leather hat

http://www.drizaboneclothing.co.uk/classic-wax

Bit over budget, but you do want the other pretentious hipsters to know how serious you are about this sort of thing, whatever this sort of thing is

tod456
    Free Member

thanks but i’m a small.

I would love a wax jacket but the obligatory Sproker is to too expensive to run.

Thanks for all your help, i’m off to get a jacket now.

i will take a look in Decathlon at their Jackets but i think we all know i’ll end up in Snow&Rock and get the Rab …. i’m always been a shallow, sheep to the big machine marketing..

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Jack Wolfskin. Probably need two of them walking stick ski things for hiking/mooching round a lake district town/retail outlet village.

biglee1

Ex army goretex, either DPM, multicam or desert DPM 😀

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Well Canada Goose is the only thing to be seen in at our school. Anything less than £500 or £800 for a Parka and you better not bother turning up. I attract a few grimaced looks in my Mountain Warehouse kagool. Wouldn’t mind but its just a local school in the middle of a sprawling estate. Some people just try too hard.

mrl

Got an arcteryx after getting loads of Cotswold vouchers one year. Very nice and well thought out but while it is better than a cheapy jacket it is not as good as a Gill event shell i got years ago. So I would go for anything by Gill made from event fabric. Sadly they don’t do a cycling fit anymore..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

50 quid for the decathlon equivalent to the Rab, hundred quid in yer pooch.

CountZero

Bit of a shame I don’t have to do any of that school run malarkey, I’d be turning up in any damn thing that came to hand and was appropriate for the time of year/weather, which would likely be a hi-viz if it was chucking it down! Being dry and warm trumps being a pretentious **** every time,

jekkyl

How **** much? Get an umbrella!

dantsw13

You are actually buying a waterproof jacket specifically for the school run??

By virtue of the fact you are on here I reckon you must own/need a MTB waterproof jacket. I’m sure that’s up to the arduous nature of the school run.

CountZero

I would love a wax jacket but the obligatory Sproker is to too expensive to run.

You could probably find a wax cotton jacket, Barbour/ Belstaff knock-off for less than £100, get a tub of Renapur wax to keep the coating topped up a couple of times a year, job’s a good ‘un.

As I’ve no idea at as to what a Sproker is, I’ve no idea as to it being obligatory to own one. As I’ve got several waxed jackets, but no Sproker, I’d say that you’re under no obligation to buy one.

funkmasterp

Just wear a shirt or something. It’ll dry out whilst you’re sat at your desk all day. When Funk Jr starts school I’ll be dropping him off whilst I’m wearing shorts and a t-shirt. If it’s cold I might even wear shoes.

I’m assuming that the OP was a bit of a joke. If not I honestly don’t know what’s happening in the world

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘What Waterproof jacket for the school run (£150ish)?!?’ is closed to new replies.