Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What trail tool?
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, what do you use thats worth buying? I had another brake today, whilst repairing a broken chain at Thetford! I seem to brake any that i try, is it just me???

Jamie
    Free Member

1. Its break
    2. Topeak Hexus/Hummer

z1ppy

to break – to destroy something
    to brake – to slow down…

Crankbro 17 has seen me through 4 odd years.

carlos
    Free Member

Crank Bros 19 for me

Ambrose

My Topeak Alien has served me and others very well for years and years. The ring spannesr might seem superfluous but I have used them loads more than I ever would have thought.

z1ppy 4 is even, not odd 😉

z1ppy

🙄
    😀

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Crank Brothers 17, was the only tool I had for my first bike so has had a little hammer before I got more tools, still works fine despite much neglect (being left wet has caused some rusting).

mildred

Topeak alien for me, though a few of the allen keys are a bit short, and the body of the tool is a bit fat, making it difficult to reach certain things – for example, the inner most lock on screws on my grips. Very good non-corrosive build quality.

mboy
    Free Member

Ambrose, do you know z1ppy well enough to say that his last 4 years were or weren’t odd? 😉

Another vote for the Crank Bros 17 here, had it for 3 years now, and though it’s not seen much use (only gets used out on the trail, got proper tools at home) can only say the use it has had it has been up to scratch. Impressed with it anyway!

Can’t speak for others though in comparison!

UK-FLATLANDER

Crank Bros 19 – Even managed to straighten a pringled wheel in the middle of High St with one.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Park rescue tool MTB3 everything you’ll need out on the trail 🙂

mickasaki
    Free Member

Thanks, seems like i’d better get a dictionary first! maybe then i can get a tool to fix my broken grammer! ( i expect i spelt that wrong too!)

lyons
    Free Member

I have a halfords mulit tool. Its cheap, has everythign you need, light and has lasted years…

Nick

crank bros again..

zaskar
    Free Member

My Topeak Alien has served me well too! 7yrs+-1.

XC_PK
    Free Member

No love for the Gorilla Grip and a seperate chain tool?!

ro63rt
    Free Member

Crank Bros 19 PERIOD!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What trail tool?’ is closed to new replies.