Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What to do in Bath (the place) for a day?
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Got to pick some stuff up there this week, Mrs/youngest may come and was thinking of visiting Bath centre – any good for a day, what’s worth a look? Is the new spa place any good? Cheers

40mpg

I’m there this week with the missus too (from New Forest!). I’ll listen out for a familiar accent amid the zomerzet drawl 😉

Depends what your littlun is in to, but its a great cultural place. We’ve dragged ours round the roman baths when they were younger, and also 1 Royal Crescent for a preserved Georgian house which was interesting.

I remember a costume museum too which the girls liked, and plenty of coffee shops to top then up with tasty sugary things.

There’s loads of artisan shops up narrow passages somewhere too (its a while since I was last there but I’m sure a local will point you in the right direction).

Generally though just a great place to wander round and take in the views.

pedroball
    Free Member

http://www.bathales.com/our-pubs/pid/the-salamander/

this is a good pub…

The Spa is worth a couple of hours.

Milkie
    Free Member

Sally Lunn’s for cream tea. 😉

Fudge Kitchen for ummm Fudge!

eskay

Not sure if kids are allowed in the Thermae Spa, worth checking before you go.

Roman Baths is quite interesting if you have never been before (your son/daughter may enjoy it if they are doing Roman history at school).

If the weather is nice dry, let them have a run around Victoria Park.

jekkyl

loads of sustrans routes round Bath if you have a bike, including the first one eva twixt Bath & Bristol. Loads of hills too round the lanes to the north, great for zooming around.

llama

The baths are good.

The spa is good but can be busy. Drop the Mrs off there and take a taxi over to Cadence.

Salamander, Raven, Star, amongst others

IA

including the first one twixt Bath & Bristol.

Currently closed I thought as it was underwater?

Pigface
    Free Member

Do the “Bath Walk” a mixture of tourist info and magic really good fun.

eskay

Currently closed I thought as it was underwater?

I rode through it this morning, only up to the pedals.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Shop, eat and see things in nearby villages?

Sandwich

Find a parking space.

eskay

Use one of the park and rides.

winston_dog
    Free Member

The Salmander is a good pub.

Lots of good pubs in Bath. Wasn’t there a thread about some bike friendly one that had recently opened?

The Old Green Tree is alos worth a visit.

jambourgie
    Free Member

So,

Baf or Barf?

pondo

We’ve been a couple of times, really enjoyed the thermae spa, had tea and cakes at a very smart place by the Roman baths with live music, had a fantastic meal at… I think Green Park? That was amazing, live music and one of the best pieces of meat I’ve ever had. Also had a great night at The Hobgoblin where we met a young lad who I swear looked more like Daniel Radcliffe than Daniel Radcliffe does.

Not very familyish, though…

annebr
    Free Member

I thought the Bath at Work museum was good when I visited last year.

redstripe
    Free Member

Thanks very much, some top tips. Being a (not so) soft southerner it’s ‘Barf’ I reckon

ransos
    Free Member

1. Proceed to Bath Spa.
    2. Take the train to Bristol.

CountZero

1. Proceed to Bath Spa.
    2. Take the train to Bristol.

Why, exactly? I live twelve miles from Bath, twenty five from Bristol, and know both cities extremely well, so I’d be very interested to read your reasoning.

GregMay
    Free Member

I liked Bath. Got engaged there in the spa 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What to do in Bath (the place) for a day?’ is closed to new replies.