Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What time does KLM check in open at Newcastle Airport?
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Following on from the the other flying thread, unfortunately I have to get to Amsterdam from Newcastle for a long haul connection next week.

I will be taking the 0600 flight, which is the 1st scheduled of the day.

Normally I work on an hour before but I think the check in deck might not be open at 0500. Obviously I don’t want to be getting there even earlier than I have to and end up hanging round waiting for it to open.

I know there are a few users of Newcastle on here, anyone know if I can stretch it to 0530?

molgrips
    Free Member

Why not check in online?

But in any case they must surely open the bag drop/check in in plenty of time before the first flight?

gobuchul
    Free Member

I have luggage to check.

A good few years ago, I remember getting to Newcastle airport for an early BA flight and don’t think check in opened until 30 or 45 minutes before.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s just baggage drop if you’ve already checked in online. Quicker.

macwhisky
    Free Member

Frequently fly from Edinburgh via Amsterdam on the 5:55 flight, Edinburgh airport doesn’t wake up till 4:30/5:00, and never been a problem.
    If booked right through, they allow for enough time to transfer planes, even with the half hour taxi from landing to the gate.

hot_fiat

Bag drop is open from 3:30 usually. It’s just swissport staff so they’re there for other airlines.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

As hot_fiat says, its just Swissport staff. There’s no way they#d leave check in opening to 30 mins beofre the flight departs, thats almost boarding time.

hot_fiat

You can usually guess which gate it is and get a jump start on the insistence of men as it goes straight from “gate will be announced at 05:30” to “boarding”. If it’s the Embraer you NEED to do that as the overhead space is tiny. Though I think all the early flights are 738/9s.

There’s no way I’d wait to 05:30 with checked bags, especially if you want them checked through. 05:00 latest, especially in holiday season with the likelihood of non-regulars unable to negotiate this week’s security farce.

At AMS the 73x come into D50 or worse, so a long walk down the arm but it’s better than the noddy bus stands beyond B. KLM will try and hold your connecting flight as long as possible. Long hauls usually go from E gates. It’s quite walk, but at least you don’t have to do passport control.

chewkw
    Free Member

I have never flown from Newcastle to Amsterdam but flying to the far east from Newcastle via Dubai I am usually the first at the airport or the queue. I normally arrive 2.30 hour earlier before the check-in gate open so give me plenty of time to people watching. 😅

0530 you will be pushing your luck if you are going to baggage drop because at the last 30 mins usually there is a queue. If everyone is sharing the same baggage drop then the queue would be longer.

I wouldn’t risk it if I were you so minimum 1 to 1.30 hour earlier if possible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What time does KLM check in open at Newcastle Airport?’ is closed to new replies.