Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What shower tray and enclosure would you recommend?
  • djen83
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy and fit a 900mm quadrant enclosure and tray and would really appreciate some recommendations and advice, preferably from someone who have fits them.

I want one that isn’t cheap and flimsy. Getting something decent that looks and works well is more important to me than scrimping on pennies, however, we are looking to move house within the next few years so don’t want to spend fortune. I’ve got got around a £500 budget for tray and enclosure.

Are the Mira ones any good?

Thanks in advance

cinnamon_girl

My recent experience is to suggest that you think as well as look very carefully at the types of shower enclosure. What type of door – pivot, sliding, folding?

As an example, I had an Ideal Standard offset quadrant enclosure fitted. It looks fabulous with curved glass and sliding doors which still work beautifully. However, all I can say is that it must have been designed by someone who had never cleaned anything before, too many nooks and crannies that are difficult to keep clean.

If I were you, visit some bathroom showrooms along with the person who’ll do the cleaning of said enclosure, if that isn’t you.

Mira showers are good, I love my thermostatic one with a start/stop function which reduces my water consumption.

oldnpastit

Make sure it is well supported. You don’t want it cracking. Cracking is bad.

andykirk
    Free Member

The one that uses the least mastic/ silicone possible. Why we still use this stuff is beyond me.
    Actually no it`s not, it’s because it is cheap.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I always use and recommend Merlyn or Ionic (Merlyn trade brand). They always fit well and minimal on site assembly. Decent warranty too.

Heatandplumb.com always have good prices.

Bear
    Free Member

Mira trays for me are favourite, consistently flat, and easy to handle compared to the stone alternatives.
    Enclosures from Merlyn as above, Lakes, Kudos and if on budget Coram Premier.
    However if you are going for a quadrant then suggest using a tray and enclosure from the same manufacturer to ensure it is the same shape.

woffle
    Free Member

Just done our ensuite on the cheap.

Orbit Rectangular Shower Tray 900mm x 760mm Stone Resin. £54
    Aqualux Shine 8 Semi Frameless Bi-Fold Shower Door enclosure. £190

Both from heatandplumb. The shower door spans the width of the room. I had the plumber fit the shower tray and I did the shower-door thing myself. Was simple enough, all be it a little tough to manoeuvre in such a tight space on my own…

Both bits seem grand, especially for the money. The door is solid and creak-free.

prettygreenparrot

Don’t know about shower trays as we’ve gone wet-room-like in our bathrooms. The Kudos ‘aqua4ma‘ system was pretty good* for one we had done so maybe they’re similarly good for trays and enclosures.

*Weirdly, the wall panels tongue & groove together but just abut and adhere to the floor panels.

dantsw13

Yes, we’ve just fitted aqua4ma too .Much Better than a taped wet system.

* with the floor/wall join the mastic welds the panels together to form a full shield, plus levelling issues would make a t&g impractical.

djen83
    Free Member

Thanks all, I had my eye on a Mira Leap prior to this post so given Bear’s recommendation I’ll go with that.

Thanks all for your time and support.

Kind Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What shower tray and enclosure would you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.