Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What shall I do with the kids this Easter?!
  • DrP

Hopefully we’ll (she and I…) will agree I can have the kids for the week I’ve taken off this Easter (second week of holidays) …

Heading a mind blank at the moment! Looking for somewhere in the UK so I can drive, not too far from South Coast, ideally self catered, with some ‘prescribed activities’ nearby.. Such as fun fairs etc

Looking at branscombe beach lodges etc, but at the moment I’ve having brain overload from everything going on..
    (ideally a cheap idea.. My solicitor is likely having the luxury holiday this year, courtesy of moi!)

Anyone here own a holiday camp?!

Thoughts please!

DrP

ajantom

East Devon’s nice. So Branscombe is a good idea. How old are they?

You’ve got the Donkey Sanctuary nearby, Haldon Forest a short drive away, and Dartmoor if the weather’s nice. Pecorama at Beer (our 5yr old loves it). Exmouth is quite good as a slightly cheesy beach town. Lyme Regis is lovely in the the other direction, nice beach, decent arcade with shove penny games, etc. and fossil hunting.
    Loads of stuff down towards Torquay (40 minutes drive) Paignton Zoo, waterslide park, normally some funfair rides, etc.

And if you want to go for a ride one day I’m on holiday too 😉

weeksy

Bike Park Wales… .see you there 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m taking my lot to Ribby Hall  for a week with a day trip to the Vegas of the north.

https://www.ribbyhall.co.uk/

jobro
    Free Member

The Purbeck area in Dorset with a base around Swanage might fit the bill. Typical seaside attractions if the weather is ok – Studland beaches fabulous, and lots of child specific activities locally. Not too far for you to drive 🙂

mogrim

Purbeck area in Dorset

I’ve got happy childhood memories of visiting Corfe Castle and Maiden Castle, both in that area too.

poly
    Free Member

not too far from South Coast… … ‘prescribed activities’ nearby.. Such as fun fairs etc… ideally a cheap idea…

I very much doubt that those three things are aligned. If you wan’t cheap “activities” could they be “adventures” in the outdoors – which might be free? Not sure what age your kids are, but the right level of challenge has always entertained mine and left much longer memories than when I’ve left some theme park feeling mugged. If the mission is to pass time in a memorable way then camping, glamping, hosteling also have the advantage that the “process” itself consumes a lot of extra time, but doing things that youngsters normally take for granted (like heating, washing and cooking!).

pictonroad

I wouldn’t stay on Branscombe beach in Easter. The huts are completely devoid of shelter, any wind and you’ll be in for a battering.

Swanage sound like a better plan. Take an old bike, throw it in the sea, recreate some great memories. 😎

DrP

Swanage sound like a better plan. Take an old bike, throw it in the sea, recreate some great memories. 😎

😀
    If i spray his hair white, and blur my eyes, my 9 year old is about the same size as Tim… 😀 😀

Kids are 4 and 9…
    Might look at something Swanage way (lived in Poole for several years, so know the area)…

Cheers for the suggestions..

DrP

Yak

Swanage is good. How about camping? Even cheaper and some good spots like Tom’s Field in Langton Matravers with a nice walk down to the sea at Dancing Ledge and its rock ‘swimming pool’. Corfe Castle is always good and it’s a short drive to the beaches too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

North Devon?

D’ya like surfing ? Cos that’s pretty much all there is, but that would make a great holiday.

Won’t be “cheap” mind, and possibly all booked up already..

So maybe not that good an idea.

Erm…

IoW? Yarmouth or over Ventnor possibly ?? It’s not a bad place at all the IoW. And if you look carefully it can be cheap.. Plenty to do, do you like Garlic 🤣

And ice cream obvz.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What shall I do with the kids this Easter?!’ is closed to new replies.