Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What roadiebicycle for mate?
  • rascal
    Free Member

He’s currently riding an heavy aluminum Airborne Thunderbolt which is easily 10 years old. He had a quick go on my carbon Cube Agree earlier and was gobsmacked how much nicer it felt, even after just half a mile, and mine’s nothing special…conversely his felt horrible when I rode it with it’s low front end, and harsh as lots of road chatter coming through frame. Of course now he wants a carbon bike with a more upright position. Budget £1200ish but looking at discounted so get a better frame…105, maybe Ultegra 11 speed kit. Looking at more relaxed geo and not head-down race bike. Anything about in the sales/you recommend? Giant Defy often gets a mention…just wondered if there are any other contenders….TIA

midlifecrashes

If he likes your Cube he could get a 105 Cube Attain GTC for £1200 at bike-discount.de. Road Comfort Geometry, whatever that means.

dimmockgd
    Free Member

If it helps I recently went from a cube agree gtc to a giant tcr advanced 2

Whilst I enjoyed riding the cube it was a few years old and I fancied a change. I tried a cube attain, the giant (which I opted for), a giant defy, trek emonda and trek domane. In the grand scheme of things it was a fairly tough choice however the giant tcr just felt right. Next choice would have been the defy then the cube I reckon

oldtalent
    Free Member

Mates dont let mates buy roadbikes.

imnotverygood

Cannondale Synapse Carbon should fit the bill. £1200 in the sales if you can find one

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What roadiebicycle for mate?’ is closed to new replies.