Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What rigid, 26er, ~470mm A to C, straight steerer fork?
  • foureyes
    Free Member

for a bike capable of a 120mm fork please?!

wwaswas

I’d say look on the carboncycles.cc website but it doesn’t seem to be workign at the mo…

Stoner
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FOOOCAR/on_one_carbon_fork

29er is 470mm.
    Mrs S has one on a 456 with a 26″ wheel for a hoot.

tony_m
    Free Member

I got a set of Kona P2 29er forks for my 456 (26″ wheel) from CTBM, and they work very nicely indeed. As these don’t seem to be readily available any more, maybe the Surly Karate Monkey 29ers would be a suitable substiture?

foureyes
    Free Member

cheers guys, Stoner – the on-one site implies its good for 29wheel and 29 frame, and 26 wheel with 26 frame, i assumed a mix would kind of work ok, how does she find it?

will check em all out thanks

foureyes
    Free Member

ah, i thought you meant this one : http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FOOOTCF4709/on_one_monocoque_tapered_carbon_fork

would be perfect but its tapered 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

foureyes – no I dont mean the monocoque, I mean the older design.

2010 revs for example were 530mm a-c IIRC when at 150mm (6″)
    so at 4″ they would be c.480mm.

However a 29″ rim/tyre is about 3″ greater in diameter than an equivalent 26″ rim/tyre. Half of that (i.e. the lift to the axle) is about 35-40mm. So…

in a typically 4″ suspension corrected 26″ frame, a 29er rigid (470mm a-c) fork with a 26″ wheel will give you very nearly the right kind of geometry. The same 29er fork with a 29″ wheel will give you something with a similar geometry to a fork at c.5″ (and with the benefit of 29er wheel characteristics). all give or take obviously.

FieldMarshall

I’m using a Salsa CroMoto 29er fork on a 26er optimised for 100mm.

I think it’s 468mm A-C.

Geometry seems good, if maybe a tad high at the front, but I prefer it like that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What rigid, 26er, ~470mm A to C, straight steerer fork?’ is closed to new replies.