Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What protective/armoured iphone case??
  • MSP

I like to ride without a backpack, so wont something that can go in a pocket, has all-round protection, will survive a normal tumble but I want it to be reasonably slim and unobtrusive so will take the risk of a crash on a pointy rock doing damage, its not like I am a high speed rad and gnar rider anyway.

Just for while riding in the alps, not an everyday case.

trailwagger
    Free Member

I think Otterbox are the defacto standard.

J-R

Another vote for Ottherbox.

I’ve been riding for years with my phone and Otterbox cover in my pocket with no problems.

spacemonkey

I bought an Atop case for XR back in 2019. I’ve dropped my phone a lot and the phone is still like new, and the rubberised case shows barely any marks. The screen protector is excellent too, and has also saved my screen many a time.

igm
    downshep

Otterbox defender here. Phone has been dropped, kicked, stood on etc for the last 4 years and it’s pristine thanks to the case.

Daffy

I use Peel cases. Not as big/chunky as the above, but far less obtrusive and feel a lot like just having the bare phone.

Mine has been fired out of a jersey pocket onto a paved floor in a crash, has been jiggled with keys etc and it’s all still perfect.

I’ve just this week cracked the screen protector as I bent the phone in a pocket by sitting on it. Free replacement and shipping from Peel in the US when I showed them the damage.

paul0
    Free Member

Quadlock. Can choose to mount on the stem then too.

jamj1974

I have had an Otterbox and was great until I went to remove the case for cleaning. Then it seemed the clear plastic part of the back had gone brittle – because it snapped.

My favourite cases have been those from Tech21 – the ones made from D3O. Have multiple of these since the 4s days, and they have been faultless.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use a Spigen rugged armour case 9n my Pixel 3a with a tempered glass screen protector.

It’s worked perfectly well so far, but part of having a lower spec phone is that I don’t need to be as precious as I would with a flagship phone. Therefore I’m happy with a good rather than great level of protection.

What’s the point of doubling the weight and thickness of the phone? Might as well get a rugged smartphone in that case.

BillOddie

I have a Mous case.

I have dropped my phone quite a lot and it’s been fine thus far.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Also have an Otterbox. Not absolutely 100%
    protection ( I’ve managed to get a small crack on the corner of the screen) and I find it annoying having to prize off the plastic backing to use the charging port.

CountZero

I used to use an Otterbox, but frankly they’re not worth the money. My iPhone 11 Pro Max has a basic silicon ‘gel’ case which has a lanyard port on one side, which I think cost about £11, along with a glass full-screen protector, and so far I’ve cracked one screen protector, after two years. The lanyard I use is the sort with a quick-release buckle at one end, and I used 50lb fishing leader to attach the lanyard to the phone case. Works perfectly, I loop one end of the lanyard through a belt or belt loop with my phone in my front pocket. Almost impossible to lose, and it’s dead easy to unclip from the lanyard if necessary. The latest iPhones are as waterproof as most people need anyway, you don’t need a fancy, over-bulky expensive case, just something to absorb a hard knock and avoid dinging the phones edges.
    The case is this one:

Ringke Fusion Case, Designed for iPhone 11 Pro Max (2019), 6.5-Inch, Shockproof Bumper, Anti-Scratch Transparent Back Cover – Clear

The screen protector is this one:

KuGi. for iPhone 11 Pro Max Screen Protector, HD Screen Protector Designed for iPhone 11 Pro Max/iPhone XS Max 6.5″ Smartphone. Black

Total cost was £16.37 – worth every penny, I forget there’s a case on the phone, and the screen protector just doesn’t show at all.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What protective/armoured iphone case??’ is closed to new replies.