Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • What price cheap goods? (Amazon content)
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Looks like a good time to post this. Sorry for the long image but the page on which I found it was a bit more moralistic, the image itself is more economics based (with only a little moralising).

mt
    Free Member

Molgrips, really like that. Could apply to Tesasdburyirsons. It could also be applied to many companies of a none retail type.

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s not as simple as just being happy to pay a bit more because the correlation between price and the social/environmental/ethical impact is not always clear, sometimes the alternatives aren’t there

Or to put it another way: it’s not because the products are cheap, it’s because the companies are ****. You could have a company selling expensive products treat its (subcontracted) workers in just a nasty way.

“You don’t have to be a neonazi to be a shaven-headed jackbooted nazi fashion wearing employee of Hess Security…but it helps!”

samuri
    Free Member

Not every part of every industry works this way.

That’s not what I said. Every industry works that way. Guaranteed. It might not be every part of every industry, but you’ll definately find every industry benefits from screwing employees over in their business at some level.

edit: And I’m not talking about Mrs Bobbin’s flower shop here, medium to large businesses.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What price cheap goods? (Amazon content)’ is closed to new replies.