Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What film for tomorrow night?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Want to see a good action film as not seen much over last few years – something daft like the most recent Planet of the Apes film – so suggestions please…

sharkattack

Hohum
    Free Member

We are all watching Brave tomorrow night!

My children and I are looking forward to it and even ‘er indoors has agreed to join us 🙂

Sorry, but I guess you are slightly older than the average age of my children which is 8.

kimbers
    bigG
    Free Member

dont waste your money on planet of the apes, it was shit.

what about the new total recall? It’s not great but it has a woman with three boobs and also the Beckinsdale lass, who is quite watchable

or, expendables 2?

johndoh
    Free Member

Well, 2 hours into The Dark Knight Rises (children + jetlag issues meant we had to abort the viewing last night for the second night in a row).

Is the last 30 minutes any better than the preceding 2 hours?

peteimpreza

Kick Ass

An action movie with a twisted sense of humour.

willard

Go fr the new Total Recall, then let me know if it is worth renting. By all accounts it is visually stunning, but I’ve not got a clue as to whether it can fill the shoes of the previous version.

Torminalis
    Free Member

oo, oo, District 9. That’ll see ya right.

binners

We watched the Town last week. Absolutely brill! Bank robberies, mahoosive gunfights, car chases galore, and actually managed to have a really good story too

Recommended!

DezB
    Free Member

You realise resurrection of the thread will lead to a lot of film recommendations a day late, don’t you?
    (ie. last 4 posts!)

monkey_boy
    Free Member

over the weekend we watched.

The Sweeney – ok to be honest, plan b bloke cannot act mind.

TED – very funny film

Torminalis
    Free Member

We watched the Town last week. Absolutely brill!

IF you can stomach Ben Affleck…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

+1 on The Town. I watched it after seeing Argo and curiosity as to whether Ben Affleck’s brilliant directing was just a one off. It wasn’t, The Town is fantastic. Really gripping with a fantastic story that didn’t pan out as I’d predicted.

RealMan
    Free Member

The new Total Recall is just awful. The old is massively better in every single way.

District 9 is worth watching if you haven’t seen it already. The Town is pretty good too.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Was about to recommend ‘Mr Black’ until I saw DezB’s post…

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Safehouse, body of lies, +1 for the town, contraband

trail_rat
    Free Member

lawless

im on the fence with the total recall – my rose tinted specs said the old one was better but then after about 10 minuts of sticking the old one on i decided it was all the rose tinted specs talking….. arnie was never a very good actor.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Lawless, it’s not daft but there’s action.

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

For almost comic book level violence then Punisher Warzone. Mindless, but entertaining.

vondally
    Free Member

inception…… is rather silly fun and good

District 9 brilliant

Star trek the newish one with Chris Pine very good

total recall new one watched and is trying to be blade runner meets bourne identity and forgets ro be total recall,,,,misses Arnies silliness and one liners

Haywire….silly silly but crunching

late post but for the future

IHN

Is the last 30 minutes any better than the preceding 2 hours?

No, it’s as dull and pompous as the rest of the film.

District9, Attack The Block, Mission Impossible 3 all good mindless fun (District9 is not really mindless, but still fun)

richmtb

“The Raid” was awesome. Jaw dropping action.

Best action film I’ve seen for a while

johndoh
    Free Member

TED – very funny film

Yeah saw that on the plane – was LOLing too late during the nightflight 🙂 (loved the Flash Gordon party scene).

But happy for more recommendations as I need to get rid of the taste of the dross I am watching.

Any of the Avengers films any good?

richmtb

Avengers assemble is pretty good as a brain out action film

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What film for tomorrow night?’ is closed to new replies.