Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What PAYG SIM for iPhone roaming across the EU?
  • konabunny
    Free Member

Hi all

I’m going on holiday to UK, France, Germany, Italy. Will be buying a UK PAYG SIM for my iPhone, but which is best? Still Vodafone? Needs to be easy to top up and cheap. Must be a available on the high st as no time to order off net. Outside the UK Will be used for minor data and a couple of phone calls.

Also, what was that free, offline sat nav app that people were recommending? There was a previous thread for European GPS recommendations and I’m buggered if I can find it…

PS sorry for tedious questions!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Regarding SIM, the last few times I went abroad, I used Vodafone’s Euro Traveller – £3/day and you then are on the same plan as at home. I couldn’t be doing with the faff of changing SIM. I am self-employed though and need to be able to take calls, emails etc and return them at various times during the day. I haven’t compared this to the cost of a PAYG SIM and pre-loading.

I used Skobbler’s GPS Navigation 2 – free to download, then you purchase all of Europe separately for a few quid.. Download UK, France, Germany & Italy offline and they’re there to use for you when abroad. I imagine other apps are available, but this one worked well for me.

konabunny
    Free Member

Perfect thank you!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No worries.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What PAYG SIM for iPhone roaming across the EU?’ is closed to new replies.