• This topic has 65 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • What one thing made you smile the most this week?
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

North Wales Fat Bike beach bivi ride, camping overnight in heavy rain and my cheap tent kept me dry and warm

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Being chased around the changing cubicle at swimming by my 4 year old daughter shouting “i want to grab your thingy – come here” and then in swimming deciding that she could swim and jumping off the float and doing 2 widths back to back!! Previously she managed 2 lanes!

iolo
    Free Member

OP,
    You got drunk then drove around in a Porsche at crazy speeds?
    Sounds very responsible. Much fun.

johndoh
    Free Member

Watching my girls dance for me in their new ballerina outfits.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I did a wee 7 mile run with my mate yesterday from Lundavra to Fort William along the WHW (on foot, not by bike). Unfortunately, at some point he seems to have lost his Oakleys. So, while he was running the Lochaber Marathon today, I nipped back up to Lundavra with my 7 year old girl to have a wee walk along and see if we could see them.

We didn’t. We walked for about 20 mins in, then back, and it rained and blustered. But she’s such ace company, a right bright wee thing, kind hearted and bonny, and after the week or so I’ve been having at work it was great just to hang out with someone so full of enthusiasm.

Duggan

OP,

Firstly, they were driving to the pub and secondly the implication is surely that his cousin was driving and he was in the passenger seat.

Do you keep a high horse handy so you can leap on it at any moment?

allthepies
    Free Member

Are you drunk ?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

For best results, combine with a laminate floor.

Do cats over steer or under steer then?

The thing that made me laugh this week was series 2 or the Inbetweeners, again. Quality.

iolo
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

iolo said » OP,

Are you drunk ?
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

No. Haven’t had a drink in 3 years.

scaredypants

Are you drunk ?

I am

and from now I’m going to read this thread on the phone, from my porch

Houns

On and on’s post on the first page of this thread 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

They way I rode (at times) at Aston Hill yesterday had me smiling; especially the Root Canal track.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Riding for the 1st time today in 4 weeks after rupturing a kidney and fracturing ribs brought a BIG grin to my little face :mrgreen:

leffeboy

did the tour of flanders cyclo this weekend which was brilliant but the bit that made me smile most was that it wasn’t all racing whippets, there were folks of every shape, size and speed having a great if slightly painful time.

mikey74
    Free Member

Family Guy, just now.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

The girl I like/seeing came and spent the day at my house (I live in a rented house). We spent the day exploring the huuuuuge garden (more a forest) with waterfalls, trees, ponds, benches made of skis and all sorts and it was super sunny about 22 degrees (live in France) and I smiled all day.

Still smiling in fact.

_tom_
    Free Member

Did a couple of gigs with my old cover band this weekend, it was fun playing guitar somewhere other than my room for the first time in ages (probably coming up close to a year) 😀

I also finally got round to listening to Neurosis and my god I love them, heavy as **** 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Another one: Playing along to “Have You Ever seen the Rain” by Creedence just now. It’s amazing how great a mere four chords can sound.

mikey74
    Free Member

I also finally got round to listening to Neurosis and my god I love them, heavy as ****

What album/s? Through Silver in Blood is their best, but they are all good.

_tom_
    Free Member

Souls at Zero mostly but I’ve just listened to Times of Grace and Sovereign. Enjoying it all so far! Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll check that one out next. They have a daunting looking discography to work through!

mikey74
    Free Member

Souls at Zero is their breakthrough where they changed sound. It still holds up very well. Enemy of the Sun is another great one.

Be warned: Through Silver…” is their darkest and heaviest. Even the band said it was as far into the abyss as they ever want to go.

Cougar

Do cats over steer or under steer then?

They oversteer, badly. Practically a four wheel (paw) drift with a sufficient head of steam. Incredibly entertaining.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cheers mikey I’ll definitely listen to those next. Far into the abyss sounds good to me 😀

rascal
    Free Member

Thanks to the people who picked up on iolo’s comment.
    Iolo – suggest you actually absorb the wording and process it before giving ill-advised feedback 🙄

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Rode in a motorcycle trial yesterday and won it without dropping a single mark.

IHN

Either:

1) Seeing the Mrs grit her teeth through a lot of pain through the last half of a marathon, to finish in true WTFU style

2) Seeing the RAC man fix what I though was a knackered gearbox on my van in about 30secs…

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What one thing made you smile the most this week?’ is closed to new replies.