Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What mudguards for a Carrera E Subway?
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

My girlfriend is loving her new E Subway….need some mudguards though as even on road her tyres kick up a serious amount of crap! Its 650b wheels, has good clearance and mounting points. Something by sks? Not sure if the wheel size impacts which guards to buy?

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Not a clue but I guess they should be a foot long.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

For something easily removeable, Beavertail XLs would work.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah I’d seen the Beavertails…is there a more road style version of them? They look like a pretty good option though.

only1mikey

SKS Beavertails or Zefal classic/trail. Have had both on old rigids and very similar performance, so whatever is cheapest and available.

trailwagger
    Free Member

I have a Subway as a commuter. I bought it second hand and it has Beavertail already fitted. The rear guard has been sawn off before the seat tube clip (suggesting fitting issues) It does a pretty good job but the rear does not extend around the wheel enough to keep all water and mud off your back.

mattyfez

SKS Beavertail XLs.

They flap about a bit depending, but unless you want full on town style mudguards, they are a good shout.

You might need to mod them with a hacksaw, depending on the bike frame, but they are pretty good for universal mud guards.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What mudguards for a Carrera E Subway?’ is closed to new replies.