Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What mobile accounting app for self employed?
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hi folks. I’m looking at getting an app to help with my business accounts and am wondering if any of you guys have any advice on apps to use or if there are any to steer well clear of.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

And once more for luck. Do we still have to do this?

tomlg
    Free Member

Xero is probably what you want.

Alphabet

I’m currently using Xero which works fine. It’s what my accountant SO uses so thought I’d switch to it as easier for her to help me do my accounts.

Before that I was using QuickFile which I though was similar but free (or £50 p.a. if you don’t qualify for the free version).

bikerevivesheffield

I use wave

myti
    Free Member

I use wave because it’s free. No app for the accounting but it’s web based.

matt_outandabout

I use QuickBooks self employed – so simple to use through the year.

I then use Taxcalc to help with the filing of the tax return, although the changes HMRC have put in place mean it is easier than it was a few years ago and I may not bother with that next year.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Coffee and research are on my near horizon.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have used Freeagent for ten years now and have no complaints.

kcal

I got Freeagent included with my RBS (NatWest) business account, my requirements aren’t major TBH but it works well, sends out invoices based on time sheets, tracks expenditure into categories, works out the VAT without me getting it wrong. So useful has it been that its meant I’ve kept my RBS business account for that reason.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Again, thanks for the responses chaps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What mobile accounting app for self employed?’ is closed to new replies.