• This topic has 73 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by scud.
Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • what is your favourite riding photo of you and why?
  • colp

First time hitting 50:01 at Revs following my lad in. Maybe the first lad & dad on it.

Seeing if I could really whip at Leogang

Hitting X-line road gap for maybe the last time before I’m 50

scuttler

2018 Basque flow train. Highlight of a year of mint rides

View post on imgur.com

canna
    Free Member

More mountains #scotland
    Torridon loop on a lefty xc bike 🙈

postierich
    Free Member

Taken by a photographer who was covering a running race from a fair distance away! I rode past him and he offered the snaps for free
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/tqdZGn]James_Kirby_3399[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    Gnarly one
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Kb2F5U]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

and this one, apart from the silly old bloke on the shyte bike.

You cheeky baarstard Ton!

Here’s to ya big lad…

Reeth ride 14.07.12 003

Don’t think I have a particular favourite of me. Maybe this one just cos of where it was taken..

006 (2)

clubby

Taken by my wife on New Years Day during a bimble along the beach. Not trying to be rad or do anything fancy, just a nice atmospheric shot.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Instagram

From our trip to Snowdon late last year. Had some big days out but nothing like that. Had everything (just squeezed into a few hours!).

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member
    smokey_jo

Cos he got my best side and the gate, cheers Dan 😉

Lester
    Free Member

Tour de Mont Blanc

spooky_b329

This one. Because its a great section of singletrack, I was flying, saw the snapper and compressed into a tiny lip. You’d be lucky to slip more than an energy bar under my tyres normally, still can’t work out if this is a cruel illusion, or that I am really 18″ off the ground.

As always, the singlespeed hardtail seems better than the full susser at eeking out that bit more fun from the trails.

P20

My instant thought was this. Staged, but I don’t care. Worked out far better than I thought and very happy memories if a cracking holiday.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/xxRE16]Untitled[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Or this, descending Lowerman on my Yeti ASR-C. Before I killed it on Sticks Pass

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ekd6BR]Descending Lowerman[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Sandwich

Dolmites Concentration
    Heading down from 2600m-ish in the Dolomites. Hire bike, crap tyres and lots of concentration. Ride was on bedrock, then alpine meadow, then a steep bit of about 2km that was beyond my abilities in a group followed by a hurtle into the restaurant grounds.

taxi25
    Free Member

Brecon cyclocross, most people were running this bank but I could ride it. Took Andy a bit by suprise 😁

https://i.postimg.cc/ZKbbFsnY/brecon-11-1.jpg

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Extra points for spotting Cynic-al….

Mleh

scaredypants

May not even be me (I could’ve taken it of my mate or it could be a total stranger)

Who cares? reminds me of a brilliant week in Chatel. Drove over in my mate’s utterly **** Fiesta, crammed right to the top with stuff. I’d never actually ridden on a mountain before but me and the Zaskar did a bit of mincing bike park akshun and we had a bloody good laugh

… and it’s quite a good shot, I think

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2eiXbKD]220-2030_IMG[/url] by scaredypants, on Flickr

colournoise

Not got that many photos of me riding. I’m usually the one behind the camera, so they tend to be from events or a rare ‘selfie’ session.

I guess I should choose one like this that has some cool scenery and makes me look vaguely competent on a bike…

But actually, I think my favourite is this one. Not impressive, full of gnar, or even stylish but I love it as an image and it just makes me think of riding and smiling.

bazhall
    Free Member

This one from when I took part in the Steel Valley Ride last year as I have both wheels off the ground

Kryton57

This one:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/S2pzww]Battleonthebeach2017[/url]

Because its quite stunning, but also it followed a year where I’d got my first podium and I started to take racing seriously and did rather better than I expect in Battle of the Beach.

…beacuse its the epitome (for me) of my first year being coached and me doing things properly and “just getting on with it” having gone the right way about obtaining a bike, training etc, you can see – and this is after 6 hours of the Pivot 12h – how physically fit I became through my efforts. At that point I was virtual 7th for my efforts and I really started to believe in my racing. Unfortunately what that also shows is the shoulder/neck issue I have which meant I was struggling to keep my head up and forced me to retire into obscurity 2 hours later.

Still, it gives me hope enough to motivate me strongly.

Tracey

Tracey

Quite hard to pick one, all my best rides have been family ones

First trip out to Verbier with the girls aged 6 and 8. Would never have guessed 15 years later we would still all be biking together

Pila last year on the latest Alps trip

This one still brings a tear to my eye after a season of injury after injury
    Proud mum moment

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Fairly obvious, this one. Bit old now, but a reminder that its much easier to just DO stuff, than to fret about it. I’d not hit anything sizeable in about a year, saw it, looked at it once, pushed up and just sent.

The story of this summer. New hardtail, great evening rides. Rocks.

View this post on Instagram

This morning's non-earned turns.

A post shared by Ash's Weather & Travel News (@ashingtonio) on

Proper riding in proper mountains

P20

@tracey. The photo of the girls is fantastic. It’s faublous to see how they grown up and continued riding

Andy

Yeah tracey, brilliant pics 😁

teenrat

View post on imgur.com

Just like the 3d effect really!

hodgynd
    Free Member

I don’t have too many…I’m usually the one taking the pics ..
    These two were also taken by myself using the “smile ” feature on my phone ( you just shout smile and it takes a pic)
    The first one was probably my favourite solo ride last year ..an early a.m.ride and the conditions on the trail were as near to perfection as you can get..Bolts Law in the North Pennines..

2019-01-22_06-48-05 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

This one taken at my local trail centre..Kielder on the Osprey Chick section of trail ..for no particular reason other than it took ages to capture a very staged shot !

20181118_140908 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

sb
    Free Member

sb
    Free Member

…….give up…..

jonostevens
    Free Member

Not a pic of me riding, but related – the day my wife and I decided to up sticks and move to Somerset. It’s on the Quantocks in May 2016 and that’s my eldest running back down to Staple Plain. We were living there by December. I’m smitten with the place, I’d ride it every day if I could.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Taken by Peter Poddy (I think?) at a Swinley Sexyparty 8 years ago!

Like – lack of ginger on the trails, I was well ahead of the wide bar, chunky tyres, and 1x drivetrain curve and it was a cracking good ride to boot.

Taken by Peter Poddy (I think?) at a Swinley Sexyparty 8 years ago!

DezB
    Free Member

^^ ‘ere, that was the same day I took one of my fave photos 😀 was a superb day!

MadPierre

Too many to choose from! I’m gonna randomly pick this one for memories of an awesome time riding miles from anywhere in proper mountains (Chilcotins, Canada, 2017)

Chilcotins singletrack

scud
    Free Member

Well Flickr decided to delete a load of my images despite system saying only 1000 images left…

But not actually on bike, but i love this one from first big fat bike bivvy trip with Andy and Bolton Jon of this parish, riding and sleeping on the beaches of the Outer Hebrides 6 years ago now..

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘what is your favourite riding photo of you and why?’ is closed to new replies.