Home Forums Chat Forum What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 4,483 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • gurufred
    Free Member

This contraption:

To put this on, when it gets back from the blasters:

Axle stands would be a nightmare. For anyone interested, writing a bit of a blog here[/url]

breadcrumb

We had a bit of a bike theme at our wedding so I made this cake topper-

bencooper
    Free Member

Lots of widgetty things for Brompton 8-speed kits:

northernmatt

Just made this Black Forest Gateau. I got told I owed mrsmatt a birthday cake from last Saturday. The ganache type stuff on the top was a bit runny hence the dribbles, I blame the recipe.

[/url]
    Cake[/url] by NorthernMatt[/url], on Flickr

slackalice
    Free Member

I love Black Forest Gateux!!! :P Just have the cardiac arrest team on standby for that one! :wink:

This really is one of the best threads here! Very inspiring, thank you people!

Anyway…. for those of you who may recall a previous post of mine showing the re-decking and associated rebuild of my Broads River Cruiser (yacht), here she is back in action…

Whilst the yellow sails are possibly not to everyone’s taste, they were bought by my mum in 1961 and were one of the first sets of Terylene (sp?) sails made by Jeckells, the local sailmakers. Yellow was chosen, apparently, because they would be different to all the other’s!

It’s good to be different! :D

slackalice
    Free Member

And while I’m here and ‘at it’, so to speak…. I’ve just finished this stable block. I’m not a fan of the convex orientation of the knee braces, but, that’s what the customer wanted, so that’s what the customer got! Cladding is oak feather-edge board, cedar shingles for the roof and it’s all going to weather in beautifully I reckon.

monkeyp

I’ll try to get pictures tonight, but, inspired by my new fat bike build, I made myself a high volume sawn-off track pump.

Took a bog standard £12 Halfords plastic track pump, cut off the feet and handle, trimmed about 6 inches off the barrel and fitted a bit of old bike grip on the piston. I am also going to shorten the hose tonight so it’s the same length as the pump.

I now have a portable pump which will cope with lots of air and will be quicker than any of the other pumps I have seen. It is also just about small enough to strap between the top tubes of a fatty frame and as it is all plastic it’s pretty light too.

porter_jamie

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve just finished the dogs new bed-frame to make the front room look a little tidier:

AlexSimon

slackalice
    I’m not a fan of the convex orientation of the knee braces

hmmmm – I can’t decide. I quite like the fact it’s a detail that’s different from the norm. I also like the fact they’re a bit tree-like.
    But they also look like a religious candle-stand or something. On the whole, I think I approve :)

hora
    Free Member

Wow.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I couldn’t connect my screw log splitter to the 3 point linkage on my tractor – now I can (my shoddy bits are unpainted as yet and may stay that way!)
    [/url]

qwerty
    Free Member

From an old OSB box i kept my chop saw in

A hedgehog home with a slow worm annex.

CountZero

Slackalice, your Broads Cruiser is lovely, I’m a sucker for gaff-rigged boats. :D

aracer
    Free Member

(yes I know the grass needs cutting)

timidwheeler

Nice one qwerty. You’re younger than I imagined btw.

bencooper
    Free Member

Got myself a new stainless tube bender, and worked out a Brompton pannier rack:

[/url]

Tube bending is fun ;-)

compositepro
    Free Member

porter_jamie

getting into the cosmetic surgery business then?

fruitbat

I made a BB facing tool so that my new go faster Hope BB has the best chance of a long life.
    Currently it uses hand pressure to do the cutting but it’s quite hard work so I might try and incorporate a spring to assist.
    I got an old end mill from work and mounted it on a shaft and made a handle to suit. An aluminium bearing tube sits in a cut down external BB cup on one side and a square taper internal BB lock ring at the other.

CountZero

Compared to the wonders that far more creative people than me have posted on here, my efforts are pretty insignificant, but I have very limited facilities, so there’s only so much I can do. I love getting out and walking a lot, but an increasingly iffy knee has encouraged me to use a stick when out in the countryside, especially when it’s wet, and I’ve just finished one I bought as a basic hazel stick a couple of years ago. I left it natural, with just a metal foot, but I didn’t like the bark, so I stripped it, and put copper rings around the top, filed to fit flush with the wood, then Danish oiled it.
    The foot, which you can’t see, is a copper pipe reducer, filled with epoxy, so the narrow end doesn’t clank on stone or Tarmac, or fill up with muck.
    Very pleased with it, it’s very ergonomic when walking, and it’s saved my sorry ass from sliding down wet, muddy hillsides quite a few times.

I’ve got a really nice, thicker, Holly stick that’s pretty much identical in the shed, seasoning, ready to have a similar treatment, and a straight Holly stave that I’m trying to find a Yew or Blackthorn top of the same shape to fit to.
    I hold it with my ring and little fingers wrapped around the bottom projection, first and middle around the stick, and thumb up the top projection; it’s really comfortable to use like that.

northernmatt

Okay so I didn’t make anything other than a pile of wood and rubble but I have turned this….

[/url]
    Bricks![/url] by NorthernMatt[/url], on Flickr

Into this

[/url]
    Fireplace[/url] by NorthernMatt[/url], on Flickr

No prizes for guessing what’s going to go in there. :-)

samuri
    Free Member

Jesus! That first picture is horrific. It makes my head hurt trying to understand it.

JEngledow
    Free Member

northernmatt, my Grandma had carpet like that in the 90s 8O

northernmatt

It’s Mrsmatt’s grannies house, hence the decor and carpets. Quick sale needed to pay for care costs so we’ve bought it and plan on moving in at the end of November. Lots to be done between now and then, full re-wire included.

compositepro
    Free Member

getting into the cosmetic surgery business then?

Nah jamie i ran out of names for stuff id drop you a mail but dont have it

big kahoonas and small kahoonas

ps im going to have to remove the pic

woody74

Just finished this off last week. 1×10 29er, hand built frame in Dedacciai tubing. Just need to get some transfers printed. Haven’t ridden a hardtail in years and this was lovely on its first ride.

trail_rat
    Free Member

like the profile on them there rear seat stays fella.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Agreed, that’s lovely…

woody74

Cheers guys, that’s why I didn’t put a bridge in. Thought I would give it a go and see if it is flexy or not.

Northwind

porter_jamie – Member

i made a shock extension to fit a fireblade shock into an SV650

As much as I like the work, that makes no sense, some GSXR and Kwak 636 shocks fit perfectly into SVs (without the massive reservoir sticking into the battery box)

Still, it is a nice fix.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ben, re this…

Superb work!

nedrapier

Love this thread. Well done everybody!

I recently made a well-flare (eh!?!) headset removal thinger with an offcut of copper pipe, a hacksaw, a file, a bit of wood and an AXE.

Looks slightly shoddy because one of the cuts isn’t quite straight, and the wooden plug/striker in the end is artisinal to say the least. Works like a dream, though.

Can’t show you a pickcha because bloody Yahoo have locked my bloody flickr account. That’s the second time the’ve done that – geocities 10 years ago, still cross…

slackalice
    Free Member

Loving your hiking stick CZ, ESP the copper ferrules. Nice :-)

compositepro
    Free Member

fruitbat, are you sure that faces flat

porter_jamie

Northwind. Its got a blade swingarm and all sorts. Not my bike I just designed and made the extension.

maccruiskeen

The lectern for tonights mobo awards :-)

(it was the right way up when uploaded it)

EDIT
    Is this the right way up?

Thats more like it

Stoner
    Free Member

fair play mac, that’s high profile bodging there! :)

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Just read this thread to start to finish.
    I am actually in awe of the talent that pours out of this forum!!
    Such amazing work, skill, and true talent!! Fantastic.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The lectern for tonights mobo awards

Great work Mac.

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 4,483 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.