Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • What injury/s are you currently 'carrying'?
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

I’ll start:

broken scaphoid still not mended
    soft tissue damage around left knee
    left shoulder orbit a bit sore

Drac

I broke a nail.

wwaswas

fecked thumb.

Not ridden for a month.

Still feels uncomfortable to hold a pen and write so not sure I’ll be out in the near future 🙁

therealhoops
    Free Member

was: I’ve not ridden since Oct 🙁 seeing the surgeon today for final checks 🙂 Back on a bike ETA is Feb.

johndoh
    Free Member

Bad back – not done anything remotely active for about two years – can feel it ‘giving’ when I attempt a short jog or even when trying to do a gentle swim.

wwaswas

I’ve not ridden since Oct

I keep looking at the rain soaked ground and thinking I’ve got a good excuse to avoid it but it doesn’t seem to help very much.

It’s got so bad I’ve actually done some running recently.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Broken thumb right hand not scaphoid though. Month in plaster 2 or 3 more weeks time go told no bikes till march looking for second opinion. Couple that with some month old lumpy scars and an injury induced beer gut. Oh and the cast is screwing up my wrist

willard

Bad knees, worse in right than in left (torn meniscus).
    Ruined cartilage in both elbows
    Mangled ab muscle from way back that’s just never really recovered.
    Stress fracture in right foot (I think. Either way, my right foot goes fleshy and numb after a while and it hurts in the morning after I run.)

therealhoops
    Free Member

willard – I have the same right foot. Still goes numb 20years after doing it.

jarvo
    Free Member

A huge case of chronic obesity … caused by an accidental incident of massive overeating for the past 15 years!

Oh and a torn rotator cuff which is still not better 6 months in.

jam-bo

does ongoing sleep deprivation count as an injury?

pearlbaz
    Free Member

My rotator cuff was also jiggered-cleared up after a bout 6 weeks. Also, right hand buggered due to a cycle lane incident 2 weeks ago. Still painful as **** when I lift anything heavier than a 3mm bolt. I’m now a left handed drinker.

crapknees
    Free Member

Left knee, possible meniscus tear. Right knee, inflamed fat pad. Three years and counting… 😥

johndoh
    Free Member

Oh and a torn rotator cuff which is still not better 6 months in.

When I have had that (twice on snowboard, once on MTB) I have found a course of extra strong anti-inflammatories (from the Quack) have worked a treat.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

PFS & ITB problems in my left knee.

We’re a bunch of old crocs!

mrblobby
    Free Member

does ongoing sleep deprivation count as an injury?

It should do, long term it’s debilitating! 10 month old blobby jr being the cause here.

Also tendonitis in the achilles that’s been dragging on for over a couple of years. Now pulled and torn ligaments in same ankle from an extreme dog walking injury, exacerbated by a fetching something from the car injury!

Never really had any long term injuries until I hit my late thirties. Now things just seem to drag on.

Harry_the_Spider

Left knee. Not been good for years. The damn thing doesn’t lock out properly.

rockhopperbike

six broken ribs (1RH, 5 LH) smashed L1 spine and all muscles around it torn open. hope to be back at work soon- been off since Oct!

hora
    Free Member

Does a Rotor Cuff ever heal? 2yrs on and I still can’t hold a shopping basket in my righthand.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bruised ribs from 2 weekend’s ago

What physio are you doing for your rotor cuff injury hora?

hora
    Free Member

None. I’m just doing pressups/the odd gym session. If I hold a shopping basket after a few minutes my shoulder ‘drops’and I have to rescue the basket with my other hand carefully.

DezB
    Free Member

Torn meniscus in right knee. Can still play football, so not having it operated on yet. It only goes when I’m sitting down and twist in the wrong way. And when it goes… ooo-ow!

fakesounding
    Free Member

Left shoulder still twinges a bit from partial dislocation in August.
    Right foot had had a dull constant ache since something heavy fell on it in august ’09.

Solo
    Free Member

What injury/s are you currently ‘carrying’?

Broken heart.
    🙁

grantway
    Free Member

Hit by a car 8th Dec 12 whilst road biking in the day time

Badly bruised right thigh and knee area
    Plus whip lash to neck as hit from the side
    and just got over Cellulitis to my right calf to ankle area

Still on crutches and awaiting physio

philtricklebank

I have a touch of Housemaids Knee (hygroma patella) on the right knee. Lucky me. It was from a fall, not from scrubbing the floors.

anagallis_arvensis

I have FAI in both hips, had 3 ops and had 4 years off the bike. I am now back riding, a bit (when not got the flu), so dont give up hope anyone.

plecostomus
    Free Member

Broken T 6,7 and 8 vertebrae, and four broken ribs on the left of my chest, i had a ride in a helicopter and spent 6 nights in hospital. Had a simple over the bars at 31.6 mph and landed on my face/head, legs came up behind me and spine compressed. This happens on the 8th December haven’t ridden since then. I can walk and I’m now 90% mobile. I can’t work nor drive so my days are spent playing Xbox and surfing the web. And going for little walks. I am currently rocking this back brace for 12 weeks! Although I feel lots better and the doctors think it may come off earlier as I’m healing pretty well.

spawnofyorkshire

Tendinitis in both ankles and both knees. Early onset (i’m 30) of arthritis in left knee and left ankle. All of this is from one rugby injury years back

spawnofyorkshire

just seen yours plecostomus, i’ll STFU now

I_Ache
    Free Member

Broke my Tibia at the ankle a year ago. Its still not right, I was told 2 weeks ago that I might have to wear an orthopedic insert in my shoes for life. The muscles around the joint hadn’t gone back to the correct place after my operation.

The annoying thing is that it actually hurt less before my operation when I had been walking round on it for 5 months without knowing that I had a broken leg!

therealhoops
    Free Member

plecostomus is clearly winning at the mo but I’ll chuck my latest x-ray into the pile

pic on the left is just after the op, pic on the right is from 2hours ago

me scaphoid has moved away from the other bone and there’s talk of more CT scans and sticking cameras inside me 🙁

plecostomus
    Free Member

^^ ah yes but you had a op so you get +1 in my eyes. I’m so lucky I didn’t have to have one! This brace is a nightmare to sleep in but it’s doing its job, could have been alot worse.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I’ve *still* got a dodgy arm! Seeing the surgeon again next week…

Healing vibes in the direction of all!

Wookster

Posterior Tendon gone on both sides…..now sporting what’s known as my special shoes! Just inserts but hey they wouldn’t be mates if I didn’t get a ribbing. Lost most of last year riding but I can now drive ( it was braking and the gear changes) that were the issue and walk!!! 🙂

theotherjonv

I pulled something in my shoulder about 3 weeks ago which still gives me gip.

I’m not complaining though, it’s my own fault. For some odd reason, with my girls at the leisure pool before Xmas, i decided to try butterfly stroke for the first time in about 10 years.

I’m just grateful it’s not both shoulders.

bikebouy
    Free Member

A bit of a sniffle, I think there’s too much chlorine in our swimming pool. 😛

watsontony
    Free Member

Dislocated my shoulder just before Christmas.
    have some real problems with my right knee, need to get round to see the doc about this.
    A few cuts on my hands from a fall at the weekend.

other than that im great

spicer
    Free Member

broken scaphoid still not mended

Same, 1 month till the post op scan for me! 😐

scaredypants

I’ve bruised my shoulder region on 1 side
    will prob miss a week’s riding (I hope)
    it’s the 1st “injury” Ive had in ages

pathetic 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What injury/s are you currently 'carrying'?’ is closed to new replies.