Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What house alarm,,,,
  • bigG
    Free Member

So, we’re moving to a larger house with a detached mancave. It’s fairly private at the back so I’m concerned about scrotes breaking in.

Currently there’s no alarm installed so I’m thinking about having one, to protect house and garage. Is it money I’d be better investing in upgrading the physical security?

If I do go down the alarm route, monitored or not?

Finally, what’s the view on the DIY Yale wireless alarm kits I seem to see lots of places selling?

Ta, G

benji
    Free Member

I’ve had the Yale box for a number of years, no problems so far, put a dummy box up as well, it’s not much extra on the spend.

dannybgoode

That’ll keep any undesirables out…

Markie
    Free Member

Is it possible to plant hedging along any of the borders? Stick in some native hedging (blackthorn, buckthorn, hawthorn plus some non-thorny stuff) whips in this autumn and you’ll be intruder proof in two years (so one for the long term, but still!).

Pros: looks great, good for wildlife, cheap

Cons: the thornier the hedge the more of a pain cutting it is, have to wait a few years for full effectiveness

bigG
    Free Member

Ok, so we’re not going to get a dog and I can’t wait for some jaggy shrubs to grow.

Any thoughts on alarms?

Candodavid
    Free Member

We had an ADT wireless fitted, no problems, fuss fee, monitored too

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What house alarm,,,,’ is closed to new replies.