Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What hex wrench set?
  • lotto
    Free Member

I’m done with using a multi tool for maintenance and want a decent set of hex wrenches. I like the look of the Park P handle ones, pricey though. Any suggestions or experiences of what not to get?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Draper Expert and PBSwiss for me.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Wera, Bondhus, Facom, Britool, Wiha etc. All the usual names. Not worth getting “cycling specific ones”. I’ve got a T-handle set, but the most used ones are the Wera L-shaped ones as they’re noticeably stiffer. My ancient Bondhus set are still good and sharp, but I’ve lost the 6mm and the 4mm is twisted from removing recalcitrant spd cleats.

lewzz10
    Free Member

Wera L handles

Tracey

Wera hex plus, had some for quite some time and have never failed
    They also do a short version

oldtennisshoes

The coloured wera ones; as originally recommended to me by @Tracey.

https://www.toolstation.com/wera-ball-end-multi-colour-hex-key-set/p71306

5lab

I quite like the look of the park sliding ones. Pricey thou

hatter

After many years of lusting after the Beta and Facom sliding T-handles, the extra features of the Park tool ones tipped me over the brink and I got a set a few months back, they’re lovely, but very OTT for most people.

The Wera coloured L-handles are also great and I keep a set in the van but now I’m used to them I’m noticeably faster with the T-handles.

Parks warranty is also good and theyre all available separately so if I lose one I can replace it.

If you’re on a tight budget, hard to go wrong with the Weras or a decent set of Bondhus.

benp1

I find the t style ones with a proper handle to be much nicer to use. My ones are Teng

They’ve had a lot of use and are really nice in hand

Kuco

Facom T handle

Northwind

I really like my teng p-handle set, easily my most used tools.

That said, I don’t like the ball-ends. They’re useful things to have on occasion, but I’d rather have a separate set, and have the P handles be square ended at both ends.

eyestwice
    Free Member

I recently bought these.

Ball-end, excellent quality and long. Very long.

bruneep

Have the wera ones only issues I had were when used for a non bike job the plastic coloured sleeve wouldn’t allow the hex key to go in deep enough

supernova

Decathlon do some excellent values for money tools including t handle hex keys.

Tracey

On the Wera I trimmed the plastic on the 8mm one back a few mm so that it would go through the crank hole far enough for my pedals.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What hex wrench set?’ is closed to new replies.