• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by chomp.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What headphones – again.
  • Kryton57

Now, I may need two pairs but I’d quite like:

a) Some noise cancelling ones for Spotify, flights and home use.  I’d like them to be wireless yet be able to plug into to a plane seat – is there such a thing, if not which are good with cables?

b) Some wireless sports headphones, must be capable of getting through large doses of sweat and stay in place during over acted histrionics on a turbo trainer.

I’m not after the “best” as I’m not a musicphobe, but they should do the intended job well. Is there something that’d do both jobs?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A – Bose QC 35.

regenesis
    Free Member

B) Plantronics Backbeat Fit – some still around or if not their replacement BBFit 2100 series. New ones aren’t actually as easy to get used to despite only having 2 buttons and the UI voice is distinctly bad. Also “battery high” is crap compared to “listen time x hrs”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My answers to A & B would have been the two above.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also…

over acted histrionics on a turbo trainer.

We now cross to live footage of Kryters and a friend…

Kryton57

ok, I should have perhaps mentioned a budget of <£100.  For both.

Cougar

B) Plantronics Backbeat Fit

+1. There was a thread asking this question a couple of days ago.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Not wireless, but I got a pair of Samson sr850s a few years back for 25 quid. Hadn’t used them in a while but have been recently. For the price, you’ll not get better I don’t think!

scuttler

I think the usual recommendation will blow your budget x4. Go on Amazon and get whatever is the highest rated that you’ve never heard of. Then hope you don’t electrocute your brain.

lunge

For the sporty ones I’d suggest some from Anker on Amazon, they’re pretty damn good for the price imo.

Your first request is trickier for the price, I’ve got some some Sony CN700 which I like but they’re a smidge over £100 on their own.

tomfun

Scuttler is right if you don’t want to spend a fortune for the second question.

I bought some mpow d8 headphones from Amazon for £19.99 and they are spot on for long local flat rides. Waterproof, long battery life, stay put well, good Bluetooth connection with my phone in my back pack & plenty loud enough. For what it’s worth I usually listen to spoken word podcasts.

CountZero

Then hope you don’t electrocute your brain.

On 1.5v?

TheFlyingOx

I had some mpow Bluetooth earbuds were magic. Battery lasted ages, stuck in my funny-shaped lugholes no matter what, waterproof, sweatproof, about £20. Then they stopped charging up so I bought some similar ones by Monster which are almost identical except very slightly better sounding. Maybe £30 for the Monster ones. I’d recommend either, especially as the mpow ones suddenly started working again.

For noise cancelling, try eBay for some second hand Sony MDR-1000X. You *might* squeeze a pair for less than £90 and you’ll struggle to do better for that price. There’s a pair on there with a broken headstrap for £50 BIN at the moment – bit of minor epoxy bodging and they would be sorted.

treksuperfly
    Free Member

I went and listened to a few and the B&W px sounded a lot better than the Sonys and the Bose Qc35 were not even close …. very overrated as are every thing bose that ive heard
    Also the build quality of the B&W’s was so much better than the other two which felt cheap in comparison… very plastic

Kryton57

Thanks all.  £18.99 for the Anker on Amazon looks good for the Sports option.   I’m finding it hard to justify the noise cancelling ones TBH, I just don’t listen to music enough.

molgrips
    Free Member

For the sporty ones I’d suggest some from Anker on Amazon, they’re pretty damn good for the price imo.

I’ve got a set of the Anker ones and they are great functionally – superb fit, work well, good sound and cheap as chips, BUT the control unit/battery dangles from one ear, which means it flaps about when you run or do anything vigorous which is annoying as hell. So go for a set that have the battery bit behind your neck or better still on a pendant that you can tuck into your shirt if needed.

chomp
    Free Member

the anker sports ones are great value for money. I’ve had a couple of pairs (after leaving a pair in the gym)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What headphones – again.’ is closed to new replies.