Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • What have you achieved today?
  • geoffj

Really – you know, made a difference to something.

*smug*
    I’ve fitted an (in)security light for Mrs J and researched the myriad possibilities for elcheapo bike lights.

You?

Duggan

Sat through a JISC consultation meeting

camo16
    Free Member

Zip. Again.

😐

emsz
    Free Member

looked at running shoes on line.

not for me though, doing research on materials…Yep, research. 8)

donsimon
    Free Member

Bog all.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Fourth place in the last MTB marathon of the season! It’s a holiday in Der Vaterland today and we are roasting in 26 degrees! 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Produced an outline for some design concepts, now researching materials and possible suppliers.

Will probbly be going to the Community Garden later to plant up the rockery.

momo

Alone in the office today (well not alone as it’s a shared office, but I’m the only one from my team here) so have managed to avoid work by sitting on here, drinking coffee and going outside for a tab every hour or so! Have plenty to do tonight though, need to fit and set up a new front mech on my friends new bike that I’ve built up for him (he ordered the wrong mech to start with) and then drop the bike off at his house.

Also need to clear the garage out as having new radiators delivered tomorrow ready for the new heating system to go into the house next week, and need the space to store these until they get fitted.

grum
    Free Member

Absolutely bugger all.

Woody
    Free Member

Nothing at all apart from taking the dogs for a walk, watching the MotoGP, making breakfast and lunch and surfing t’internet.

Must get off couch NOW 😐

bikebouy
    Free Member

Applied for 2 jobs, spoke to a very nice lady about another position which sounds really exciting, had a lovely Tomato/Moz/Basil on Rye sarnie, laid off the coffee, called Mrs Bouy and told her I loved her, played on here a bit, feked around in the spreadsheetvortex, just broken wind..
    Off out for cocktails with friends laters to watch the sun go down, bought some nice “gel” for my hair (rather than the normal clay stuff I use)
    Shall now hoof off into the spreadsheetvortex for a few hours..

I’ve done loads me.

squiff
    Free Member

Just had a week and a half of stress as everything was going wrong :evil:. Today with a few new things everythings perfick 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Screwed down a plywood floor ready for some old skool parquet. I have used approx 1000 screws. 8)

nedrapier

I had a few pints in the sun at lunchtime, then made a very successful sandwich choice on the way back to the office.

Well done me.

Klunk
    Free Member

same as usually bugger all.

nedrapier

DD: impressive!

Electric screwdriver/drill or very sore wrists?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus, ned!!

Super duper 18V driver. I do bugger all by hand. 🙂

Bregante

4 hrs kip (nights) and rendered my garden wall!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Read two journal articles and the government’s plain english guide to localism. Written two readings lists. Revised two lectures. Made the same two lecture copyright-compliant. Tidied my desk a bit.

Harry_the_Spider

Priced up some equipment (my job) and picked at a scab on my knee (my hobby).

yunki
    Free Member

group therapy this morning.. dug up and weeded all the veggy and flowerbeds this arvo..

enduro-aid
    Free Member

two site visit’s this morning to check up on some new crossing points and some road markings and i’m now sitting working on some drainage ideas for a new NCR 75 link

iDave
    Free Member

Hope you used glue as well DD? Don’t want any creaking in a few years!

I drove back from a cottage in Anglesea with MrsiDave then had some treacle toffee pudding and a 2 hour ride.

May work later.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sadly, a lot of this today;

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No need for glue iDave. 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Have succeeded in using company electricity to charge my lights in readiness for tonight’s bike ride if that counts 😐

tang
    Free Member

Kids to school, work till lunch, lunch at home with wife, pick apples, mow lawn, sent a load of money from the charity I volunteer for to India, got a load of new stuff from my sponsors delivered and now contemplating a ride in the heat. Good start to the week.

willard

Personally? Let me see.

Started off by taking the dogs to the vets to get snipped, so I felt like a traitor for the whole morning.

Then I went to the gym and did a lot of weights. Now I am busy cleaning up a 2070 row spreadsheet so that it correlates with a database.

So basically… Nothing.

brassneck

Fourth place in the last MTB marathon of the season! It’s a holiday in Der Vaterland today and we are roasting in 26 degrees!

Covering for all my German colleagues who appear to have the day off 😉

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I made a list of things that i need to achieve but hacen’t got round to doing yet!

Bregante

I made a list of things that i need to achieve but hacen’t got round to doing

You should have put “make list of things I need to do” at the top of your list. Hey Presto. Task number 1 achieved!!

DavidB
    Free Member

Planned a mentalist LEJOG route that I am riding in a weeks time. Idiot.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Bregante – Member

I made a list of things that i need to achieve but hacen’t got round to doing
    You should have put “make list of things I need to do” at the top of your list. Hey Presto. Task number 1 achieved!!

Darnit – missed a trick there! 😛

khani
    Free Member

Bike ride 😀 walked dogs 😀
    Went to work 😥

scaredypants

day off today

put up a (n unnecessary) blind

went for a ride

titted about on here

ate a large cake

😳

derekrides
    Free Member

Dogride-work-spreadsheets-early lunch thanks to daughter throwing a sicky at school and having to be picked up-work more spreadsheets-last sunny sunset ride of the summer it’ll be cooler tomorrow, winds filled in, trails will be wet by the weekend or I’m not incredibly good looking…

unovolo
    Free Member

Realised that the company I work for is still ruled by spanners despite my best efforts to educate them.

lapierrelady

Registered 65 children, resolved a dispute about the house singing competition, taught a lesson on Elizabeth, another one on women’s liberation 1900-1918, another one on the reconstruction of Japan 1945-1950, planned a round on rivers for the boat club quiz, registered the children again, taught a lesson on life in the trenches in WW1, another one on’Inspiration’, took a cross country session and finished a UCAS reference. Now back home for tea and medals

thegreatape
    Free Member

Went to cafe with wife and smallest son, bought some trousers, walked dogs, had a bath.

northshoreniall

I was going to say nothing but a post night shift nap earlier, but since then had to revise to include arranged interview time for hopefully my new job by end of next week 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘What have you achieved today?’ is closed to new replies.