Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • What happened in my house last night?
  • franksinatra

I went to bed about 11pm last night. Three kids (15, 13, 11) already in bed, as was Mrs S

We don’t really use downstairs ceiling lights as have lamps on smart plugs everywhere. So at 11pm I let the dog out then sent her to her bed in the utility room. I said Alexa, Goodnight, all the lamps were killed and downstairs of house fell into darkness apart from lamp on the stairs which stays on for 2 mins.

At 12.15am my phone alarm goes off. Totally random, no reason why it should be set for then but I figured I accidently changed it, no big deal.

at 01.15am the dog starts barking. Not a big angry bark, just repeated quiet barks at 10 second or so intervals. This is really weird, she never barks. So I came downstairs and every ceiling light was on. Every single one. Front room, back room, kitchen, bathroom, utility, hallway and outside lights. Absolutely no way I left them on, I know that categorically. Checked and all the doors were secured.

Odds are that it was a sleep walking kids but none of them have ever slept walked before let alone done anything like this. Their lights were off and doors closed. I’m pretty sure none of them would have been awake or done it as a wind up. They are all terrible liars and all looked scared when I wold them about it this morning.

Do I need to get a priest in to burn the house down?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Probably a koala.

You should dust for fingerprints

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

I use a light switch for that application. They cost £1.50 each and never ever glitch.

davros

Unreliable technology or poltergeist 🤔

Houns

franksinatra

I use a light switch for that application. They cost £1.50 each and never ever glitch.

I also have non glitchy £1.50 light switches on my ceiling lights. This wasn’t a glitch of anything smart, the smart plugs are only on our lamps, not on the ceiling lights.

The lights that were turned on need to be physically turned on, traditional, normal wall switches on LED downlighters. Not smart.

thepurist

Can koalas reach high enough to get to the light switches?

fasthaggis

At 20-11-20 Skynet became self aware,it is now going to control your life using the toaster and microwave.

Arnie voice >>Message me if you want to live<< Arnie voice

martinhutch

swavis

A poltergeist then

trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s the true price of conveinance by the sounds of it

perchypanther
    Free Member

Can koalas reach high enough to get to the light switches?

Accomplished climber, yer koala.

boblo
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member
    Probably a koala.

You should dust for fingerprints chlamydia

Fixed that for you Perchy… 😉

franksinatra

A poltergeist then

Thought so. I’ll sacrifice a small goat later to scare them off.

fasthaggis

Can Koalas get high enough to turn in to Drop Bears?

martinhutch

It’s the true price of conveinance by the sounds of it

A blood sacrifice is demanded.

sgn23
    Free Member

Alexa burp was my first thought, but then I re-read and you say it was the traditional manual “ceiling” switches which were on, which aren’t controlled by Alexa. Occam’s razor principle would say it was one of the kids either sleepwalking or having a laugh. Were ALL the ceiling lights on, or just those on a certain route through the house?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Can Koalas get high enough to turn in to Drop Bears?

Probably.

OP had best get a jar of Vegemite, just to be safe.

martinhutch

With a bit of organisation, you can check for messages from the Upside Down.

franksinatra

Occam’s razor principle would say it was one of the kids either sleepwalking or having a laugh. Were ALL the ceiling lights on, or just those on a certain route through the house?

I agree, sleepwalking is front runner. Its just quite a leap from no sleepwalking activity ever to full on weirdness. All of the lights were on except front porch and garage, so not just those on a route.

IHN

Probably a koala.

You should dust for fingerprints

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Dog was temporarily understood by Alexa. 😉

grantyboy
    Free Member

my Hue setup does this. It’s a powertrip which cycles the lights and puts them on when power is restored.

kayak23

franksinatra

my Hue setup does this. It’s a powertrip which cycles the lights and puts them on when power is restored.

Except in my case none of the lights that were turned on are linked to anything smart, they are just normal downlighters with wall switches

grantyboy
    Free Member

ah sorry I read that as smart bulbs. Best call these guys

Ghostbusters

Listen, can you smell that

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Eucalyptus?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Being honest:
    Your phone
    Your dog
    Your lights you turned off

Starting to see the common element?
    You are possessed. Kill yourself now.

9f3463bdcb3ab54299a4dbc955fca801

fazzini

Do I need to get a priest in to burn the house down?

No priest required just petrol, match and marshmallows 😉

julians
    Free Member

one of the kids got up for a pee , still half a asleep (but not sleepwalking), went downstairs turning lights on as they went. Went back to bed , but didnt turn the lights off.

My son does it all the time (but there was a first time), and cant remember ever doing it. I end up waking up around 2am, and going and turning all the lights off.

Cant explain why your phone alarm went off though – that was probably aliens – have you got a sore rectum this morning?

fettlin

Did you ask the Dog?

did each bark coincide with her turning on a light looking for Koala’s/drop bears/poltergeists/biscuits (delete as appropriate). Or is she scared of the dark?

fasthaggis

Dog was temporarily understood by Alexa.

Just wait to see what drops from Amazon at the weekend 🙂

dog toys

thols2

Some excellent advice here:
    https://www.imove.com/blog/how-to-not-move-a-poltergeist-or-spirit-when-you-move/

So how do you know if you’re living with a spirit in the first place? More than anything, you should trust your instincts.

“It could be a feeling that someone is watching you,” Jackson said, “or it can be as blatant as things moving.”

Unidentifiable uneasiness is the main thing to look for – if your gut feeling is that there is a ghost or spirit in your life, don’t be quick to dismiss those feelings as “crazy.”

The next, most important step, is figuring out what you’re dealing with. If an entity is hanging out around you, your house, or even your car, there’s probably a story as to why; the trick is to figure out what that story is.

Jackson outlined an effective process she typically uses to establish contact:

Start with a twist-on flashlight and twist it until it’s barely in the on or off position.
    Sweep it over the room or area you suspect the entity is in.
    Explain loudly and clearly that “on means yes” and “off means no” – the order you choose does not particularly matter.
    Ask clear, deliberate questions while paying close attention to the flashlight. Yes or no questions are typically the easiest questions to elicit a response.
    This works as a DIY solution, but Jackson herself uses a variety of equipment for communication, including an EVP recorder, light meter, teslameter, infrared detector, and sound recorder. All of these are devices that measure slight changes in the atmosphere of a room.

“These entities can use this equipment as a form of communication – all of it,” said Jackson. “Everybody has the capability of looking within and asking for a response,” she continued. But the key to getting a response is listening.

johnx2
    Free Member

Man lives in house with teenagers, notices lights are switched on.

Sorry, this horror mystery is not quite working for me yet.

tomd
    Free Member

Glitch in the simulation. Better keep quiet before “they” come and get you.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Man lives in house with teenagers, notices lights are switched on.

Doesn’t make a loud comment about Blackpool Illuminations.

Definitely something strange happening here.

Harry_the_Spider

Could a Koala be arsed? They would probably get a Wombat to do it for them. Did you find any Wombat turds this morning?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Did you find any Wombat turds this morning?

There’s some weird shit going on, that’s for sure.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘What happened in my house last night?’ is closed to new replies.