Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What good alround 2.8 (650b) tyre that will tubeless well?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Maxxis Rekons at the minute which are huge and fast! But not sure on grip levels!!

drewd

I’m also interested in this as I am running Vittoria Bombolonis in 27.5 X 3.0 front and rear, so want something a bit more suitable for winter.

My bike came with Nobby Nics in performance compound and while ok in soft mud they were awful on wet roots. They were also not tubeless and had paper thin sidewalls.

I’m torn between Nobby Nics in a better compound, something from Specialized, or WTB vigilante.

honourablegeorge

The 2.8 Minion DHF is an awesome front tyre. I have a 2.8 High Roller II rear that was very cheap on CRC, only had one or two rides so far but seems pretty good.

doomanic

Minion DHR2 on the rear, pick your compound based on grip to rolling resistance requirements.
    Magic Mary Apex Soft on the front in 2.6” width.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have HR2s both ends, draggy on the rear, great grip though.

If buying now I’d probably get Hans dampf rear / Magic Mary front. They are quite reasonably priced from Germany too.

doomanic

I’ve just fitted a 2.8 HR2 (that I had spare) after ripping all the side lugs off a 2.8 Magic Mary. It’s much faster but has significantly less grip. The DHR2 I was running before the MM was somewhere in between but the sidewall failed right on the bead long before the tyre was worn out even though I was running a rim protector.

mccraque

Bonty XR4. Surprisingly grippy and pretty light. They’re tough for the weight.

Garry_Lager

Keep the rekon on the rear and put a minion DHF on the front.

scotroutes

Another vote for XR4s.

Tracey

I’ve been running 2.8 Butcher Blck Dmnds on the Turbo Levo for 2 years mainly in the Peak in all conditions and haven’t let me down yet.

BadlyWiredDog

Keep the rekon on the rear and put a minion DHF on the front.

+1 – its the combo I run on my Transmitter and works well unless it’s proper muddy.

Alex

Magic Mary on the front, Rekon on the back works. When it gets really muddy, ForeKaster on the back but I run that as a 2.6

doomanic

If you do go for a DHF on the front I’ve got one that’s done about 10 miles sat in my garage doing nothing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What good alround 2.8 (650b) tyre that will tubeless well?’ is closed to new replies.