Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What forks have 20mm maxle and IS disc mounts?
  • CK
    Free Member

My 2006 Rockshox Pike has died and since axle and disc standards have moved on, I need to find a similar replacement otherwise I’ll have to change the front hub and discs. Question is – what other forks on the market used a 20mm bolt through axle and IS disc brake mounts? Were Rockshox the only one to use 20mm axles?

tjagain

Marzocchi did – Z1 lites on the tandem

I have an old pike with 20 mm maxle and is mounts you can have for much cheapness. PM me

Jakester
    Free Member

Early Fox 36’s also had 20mm and IS mounts and as Teej says, Marzocchis too.

richmtb

20mm hung around for a while but IS mounts might be harder to find.

I’ve got a set of 150mm Revs for 26″ Wheel with a straight steerer but they are post mount

nickjb
    Free Member

You can mount your IS brake onto a post mount fork with the right adapter. IIRC 160mm is hard but 180 or 200 are pretty easy. As for the hub, are you sure the axle can’t be changed? Some can, some can’t.

If you do want 20mm forks then most brands did them until the “improvement” of 15mm. Fox, Marz, RockShox, X fusion.

Onzadog
    Free Member

As about, tell us exactly what brakes and hubs they are so we can suggest alternative solutions.

Fork wise, nothing under ten years old although I’ve just sold a couple if fox 36s that fit your requirement

nixie

Dtswiss also did 20mm + IS.

CK
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies all.

The hub is a Hope Bulb with 20mm adaptor, the disc is a Hope Mono M4 with 200mm floating rotor.

nickjb
    Free Member

In that case I think you are stuck with old forks. Should be able to pick something up second hand. That combo wasn’t rare, just pretty old now.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Were those the IS calipers that came in different sizes to suit different rotors or do you have a step up adaptor in there as well?

Onzadog
    Free Member

The bulb is going to be tricky. They moved on from that before 15mm was a thing. Even if you could find a sleeve to suit, I imagine the 20mm caps would still need turning down due to the recess in the forks.

There are some 20mm boost forks but, they’re different and put the rotor in the wrong place I believe

CK
    Free Member

No adaptor, the M4 bolts direct to the IS mounts. I’ve got a 2004 S-Works Enduro so will need a straight steerer too.

Old forks look like my only option. Maybe another set of Pikes. I think Fox 36s might be out of my price range.

nixie

I have a set of the 150mm dtswiss forks in the garage with 20mm axle and a straight steerer. Sadly they need tlc (change of orings on the damper) and have fading of the anodising. My favourite forks ever though when they were working.

greeny30
    Free Member

Rockshox argyle continued with the same lowers and straight steerer set up as the original pike for several years after the pike was discontinued. You might be able to track one down.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No adaptor, the M4 bolts direct to the IS mounts.

Hope 220 or 225mm rotor and an IS-post mount? Big rotors are popular with E-bikers because the “motor” is apparently really heavy.

Invalidates some fork warranties, but really you could just stick some crap sintered pads in there if you’re worried about too much braking power.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What forks have 20mm maxle and IS disc mounts?’ is closed to new replies.