Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What durable replacement connectors for Light/Battery/Charger
  • sirromj

I need/want to replace the connectors between my lights, batteries, and chargers. Lights in question are a MTBBatteries V2, and a Chinese knock-off, plus the batteries and chargers. Some outer cables have pulled out of the connectors, aswell as some issues with not-so-great connections and/or coming unplugged.

I had been thinking of something which might lock together somehow to stop disconnections due to rattling over rough ground etc. Another thought was a water resistant/proof connector, until I saw an old thread on here with someone using Molex (4pin plugs from inside PC) connectors without problems in the rain.

What durable connectors are recommended for the task?

patagonian
    Free Member

Ive never used them myself but the Binder 710 connectors look good.

contact 125V/4A unshielded straight subminiature female Circular Connector with gold-plated bronze contacts, PA (UL94V-0) contact body and PA (UL 94HB) housing. The 678 series receptacle with Bayonet locking system, solder termination, cable mounting style. It accepts 24AWG (0.25mm²) wire, 3 to 4mm cable outlet. The reliable and secure bayonet locking system is easy to operate and can withstand high vibrations. Housing outer diameter is only 12mm. It has a strain relief for added strength.
    1500V Rated impulse voltage
    <=3mR Volume resistivity
    >500 mating cycles Mechanical operation
    IP40 Protection rating

sirromj

Thanks, was hoping for something cheaper, but they sound good so will give them a go.

patagonian
    Free Member

Cheaper option is Maplins, they are not waterproof but I used them on one of my lights without any issues.

sirromj

Been using the light with the Binder 710 connectors daily for over a week now. Not convinced they’re going to be particularly durable. Have to be quite careful making the connection in the dark before leaving work for home. Have twisted the bayonet right round at least twice, and pulled out the centre piece once and I wouldn’t say I’m especially ham-fisted about things. There hasn’t been any problems once connected however, no flakeyness. Battery resides inside top-tube bag along with the connectors, isn’t waterproof, but no problems during a wet & muddy hour long ride.

ulysse
    Free Member

Audio RCA plugs and sockets, like where your CD, decks etc plug in your amps, also called phono

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What durable replacement connectors for Light/Battery/Charger’ is closed to new replies.