Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • What does Todmodern need?
  • gymaint
    Free Member

The company I work for have been appointed to do some masterplanning of Todmodern. In essence it would be a reconfiguration of the square near the market and some new buildings, but what does Tod need to fill those buildings?

Mark

Todmorden?

It needs a bike park so that the Town’s prestigious international bike mag can test bikes close to the pie shop!

🙂

lowey

A Bulldozer.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bombing?

😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

but what does Tod need to fill those buildings? eh the country to come out of this recession.

duntstick
    Free Member

Damming at Walsden,Cornholme and Callis Mill

grumm
    Free Member

Napalm?

footstomper
    Free Member

Women who look like women 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

People/companies who have been appointed to do “masterplanning of Todmodern” to actually know its proper name?

People who have never been to stop making snidey comments about it?

kelvin

It doesn’t need new buildings or anything doing to the market area. It does need the building, and the surrounding area, that used to be Kwick-Save sorted.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

LESS RAIN!!!!!

I agree with Kelvin, the old cinema needs sorting. Tod’s great otherwise, has a fantastic pool and park.

hora
    Free Member

😆 Beaten to it. New influx of different genes?

Seriously. IT DOESNT NEED NEW AND TRENDY FLATS THOUGH.

Huddersfield- St Georges Square is having a big makeover. WTF, what was wrong with it before?!!! The blurb says new and exciting etc. All they have done is removed all the cobbles (circa 10yrs ago) and furniture- again same age and repositioned alot of new stone kerbs over the 0.5sq mile space. Why?!!!!

lowey

I am a regular visitor to Todmorden, and you are right Davey, I was a little hasty with my comment.

2 bulldozers would be more suited to the task 😛

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sensible shoe shop and a dungaree wharehouse?

baronspudulike
    Free Member

Seems to me it needs more employers so people already living there can earn good money and attract others to move into the area. Not sure how throwing money at rearranging a perfectly good market and sqaure area are going to offer this!

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member

They’re all in Hebden Bridge!

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

It needs a bike park so that the Town’s prestigious international bike mag can test bikes close to the pie shop!

There is one about 6 mile’s away 🙂

And a cafe shop about 2 min ride away from the park.

brant
    Free Member

a fantastic pool

That’s going to be closed for the whole of April as it’s broken.

http://www.todmordennews.co.uk/news/Todmorden-Sports-Centre-closes-for.5117888.jp

Thankfully seems to be open for Easter Holidays. Amazed they thought that through!

matt_outandabout

IanMunro – Member

😀

Needs a new owner for the cafe just up Halifax road – the current owner is a miserable bugger…

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

brant – Member

a fantastic pool

That’s going to be closed for the whole of April as it’s broken.

http://www.todmordennews.co.uk/news/Todmorden-Sports-Centre-closes-for.5117888.jp

Thankfully seems to be open for Easter Holidays. Amazed they thought that through!

oh cock!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

You would make a fortune if you opened a Banjo shop. 😛

robdob
    Free Member

Moving into Yorkshire?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“but what does Tod need to fill those buildings? “

I know this might be a bit radical but why not ask the local people what they want?

Anyhow I’ve passed through that neck of the woods before, and I’d say it needs more witch craft shops, and dark dingy real ale pubs.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Moving into Yorkshire?

Half of it already is in Yorkshire

shreck
    Free Member

Another hairdressers i dont thinj we have enough.

gymaint
    Free Member

“Tod modern” was what the Partner here is calling the scheme

Some sensible ideas like

1) Enterprise centre
    2) Cinema (would an art house cinema work, where’s the next nearest cinema?
    3) Combination of the above like this http://www.galericaernarfon.com/eng/centre.aspx
    3) Some kind of bouldering wall
    4) Any other form of shops although there are some empty ones already in the town

baronspudulike
    Free Member

Can’t see an arthouse cinema competing with Hebden Bridge cinema just a handful of miles down the road.

hora
    Free Member

You would make a fortune if you opened a Banjo shop.

I almost fell off my chair with that gem 😆

How about erect (no pun) sign/gateway brightly lit with ‘Lesbionia ahead’you are about to enter heaven

baronspudulike
    Free Member

Seeing as the Rochdale canal passes right through the town, and there is a significant patch of now empty land by the side of the canal, opposite the AmDram theatre and next to the new NHS building, you could construct a marina. There are alot of folk who use the canal to travel and live on in that area of Calderdale. More tourist facilities could then be placed around the marina. This would then offer something that surronding towns don’t aready have, bring in more tourism and bring money into the area.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Kebab shop, gambling palace place full of fruit machines, betting shop, needle exchange/VD clinic, job centre, Pound store, yacht chandlers, contemporary dance space, English school, IKEA, World Of Leather, dirty books/mags/vids shop, hedgehog rescue centre, museum of Philately, a shop/museum dedicated exclusively to the popular ’80s fold-up elctronic game, ‘Donkey Kong’, a Bangladeshi grocers, a Kurdish community/resource centre, a public baths, Radio Rentals, Masonic temple, Chamber of Commerce, and a Wetherspoons.

And a travel-agents.

kelvin

Re : Cinema : For **** sake gymaint, do some basic research!

This redevelopment seems doomed from the start, or is it just me?

kelvin

Marina is a very good idea.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some superb suggestions, all in jest, I love it.

Must admit the Banjo shop one made me laugh
    🙂

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Swingers club, massage parlour, kebab shop on every street… Hang on that’s Rochdale..

shreck
    Free Member

It could do with a good gym the only 1 in tod is at the sports center and is tiny,get 15 people in there and you cant move.a climbing wall would be great too.

Mark

The Queens has gym next to the station 🙂

shreck
    Free Member

Think you will find that shut down about 4 months ago as i had to start using the sports center again.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

An ‘Enterprise Centre’. Oh god, that is the sign that the town you live in has failed and someone had an emtpy building they genuinely couldn’t think of anything to put in it…

Bouldering Wall? Some awesome natural bouldering all around Tod. Why go fake?

Hora – I’ll take you out in Hebden sometime. You seem to be under the impression its full of ‘internet’ style girls. A few hours in Nelsons Wine Bar will soon put that dream outta your head (I know because I was once like you before I was woken up to the reality).

kelvin

I agree with Dave’s comments (accept there ARE lots of nice young out of reach ladies in Hebden).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘What does Todmodern need?’ is closed to new replies.