Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • What do you truly hate about christmas?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

I’m not talking about things you dread, but things that you truly hate.

Mine is wrapping paper. What a waste of resources that is.

Cougar

People whining about it?

(-:

yunki
    Free Member

disney

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cougar, well said, sir! Well said!

elaineanne
    Free Member

loosing the scissors and cellotape….why do they always play hde n seek with you everytime…
    hate peeling the sprouts,,,,, sooo time consuming lol

grum
    Free Member

Only thing I really hate is family politics/pressure to do certain things.

I’ve had an awesome Christmas already though – lots of nice food and drink and catching up with friends.

Drac

The wife saying how stressed she is as there’s so much to do then disappearing for a couple hours.

darrell
    Free Member

nothing at all.

even you are grumpy about the commercial b0ll0cks or the religious stuff so what. Its a mid-winter holiday. chill out and have some fun with family and friends

nealglover
    Free Member

People whining about it?

Exactly.

Same thing I disliked most about The Olympics

globalti
    Free Member

STRESS caused by family. Mrs Gti absolutely hates my Mum so my son never ever gets to see his Grandma, in fact she has poisoned him against his Grandma anyway.

I stood up in front of my family and friends and swore loyalty to my spouse but nobody told me how much this would conflict with my natural loyalty to my remaining parent.

Meanwhile her mother has taken up position on the sofa and is burning her way rapidly through our log store while snoring with the TV on the rubbish channel at full volume.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Neal & Cougar + 1

I like Christmas more and more the older I get. 🙂

rudebwoy
    Free Member

no horse racing

johndoh
    Free Member

Sprouts

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Nothing.
    Merry Christmas all 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

Crap TV listings playing all the same movies as previous years.

The queues in the supermarkets

The amount of food I eat and booze I drink

the fact that my partner works shifts and rarely gets chirstmas off

warton
    Free Member

Nothing. Take the bits you don’t like, and don’t do them. simple.

we’re having our first selfish family christmas. Me, my wife and my son. no messing about or family stress. Just us, eating, drinking and enjoying each others company.

Whats not to like?

piemonster

hate it, the vile wretched thing

piemonster

merry christmas by the way

uselesshippy
    Free Member

The whole religious load of rubbish that goes with it.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I’d had enough weeks ago and by the time it’s finally here, I can’t wait till it’s all over and things can get back to normal. I’ve done no xmas shopping as I won’t see anyone till next weekend anyway, so shopping will be easier and cheaper post xmas. I’m in favour of it’s complete abolition – outmoded clap trap.

Merak

That sinking feeling when it’s all over and the return to work looms large.

Merry Christmas fellow forumengers. Good health and happiness to you all, and your friends and families.

spchantler
    Free Member

the fact that during this season of goodwill, there are people in this country living on the streets and family’s gong without, while the rest of us binge ourselves silly. Oh Joyous Yule.

nealglover
    Free Member

the fact that during this season of goodwill, there are people in this country living on the streets and family’s gong without, while the rest of us binge ourselves silly. Oh Joyous Yule.

You could volunteer at a homeless shelter ?
    They are always looking for people to help out for Christmas Day (and all the other days too)

(If its a genuine concern rather than a general whinge that is 😉 )

johnners
    Free Member

things that you truly hate.

Mine is wrapping paper. What a waste of resources that is.

As a waste of resources it’s trivial next to getting in a car and making the journey to see your “loved ones”.

geologist
    Free Member

christmas cards

spchantler
    Free Member

You could volunteer

thats tomorrow that is 😉

Aidy
    Free Member

Christmas music. Surprised noone’s already said it.

Cougar

TBH,

“religion” and “Christmas cards” probably rate highly for me. But I just ignore those.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Nowt, lifes too short !

trail_rat
    Free Member

christmas cards

nothing says -” i cant be arsed to go see you or write a letter/email/phonecall “like a card at christmas with “merry christmas” written in it.

have not written a single one this year. what i did do was go and catch up with all my old school mates ive lost touch with when i moved away.

anagallis_arvensis

In laws. Last year we suffered them and this year they have followed us to my mums ffs.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Is it me or are the people who are moaning about the religion side just trolling????

mightymule
    Free Member

The fact that it’s my OH’s birthday on Christmas day – so he never gets a proper birthday.

grantway
    Free Member

Don’t hate any of it.
    Regarding wrapping presents I pay for someone else to do it
    Basically rubbish at wrapping
    Merry Christmas 😉

RustySpanner

Amateur, once a year drinkers:
    Crowding the pubs, talking in the tap room, singing, laughing, enjoying themselves, throwing up everywhere, packing out the kebab house, putting music made after 1979 on the juke box, asking if the landlord can put Eastenders on the telly, talking on mobiles, wobbling accross the road, falling asleep in bus shelters, drinking Newcastle Brown in pint glasses and generally displaying their ignorance of the correct way to consume alcohol in public*.

*Quietly. With a complete lack of projectile vomiting.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Shitty sugar and vegetable fat confections. It’s cheap horrible stuff, why do you either give this stuff to people or only eat it at Christmas? It’s cheap enough to eat every day and nothing to do with traditional Christmas food.

Glitter. What is the point of that? It gets everywhere, if you own expensive camera/electrical equipment the last thing you want is a proxy Christmas card that dumps a load of glitter in your lap.

piemonster

Those sanctimonious gits looking down there noses at folk not liking it

nealglover
    Free Member

Is it me or are the people who are moaning about the religion side just trolling????

Of course they are, but “don’t feed” they will only come out from under the bridge again and talk about Pagan Festivals 😉

piemonster

Don’t knock Pagan Festivals, at least there’s a chance of a sacrifice

MrSmith
    Free Member

Those sanctimonious gits looking down there noses at folk liking it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘What do you truly hate about christmas?’ is closed to new replies.