Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • What do you truly hate about christmas?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Don’t knock Pagan Festivals, at least there’s a chance of a sacrifice

If that’s a virgin sacrifice there’s no chance of that happening round here.

MrOvershoot

My wife really hates the word “festive”

you can see her face screw up in anger at every use of it, not that I would use it 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

My wife really hates the word “festive”
    you can see her face screw up in anger at every use of it..

That’s not very….. Er …. Festive 😉

djglover
    Free Member

The TV is shit and I have a hangover from drinking at Lunchtime, but I’m nitpicking, its awesome, the kids are peeing themselves with excitement and we are winding them up by jingling bells at the bottom of the stairs
    🙂

yunki
    Free Member

only half the story gets told..

don’t forget that if you’re a really naughty kid this badass will come round your house and take you away..

The KRAMPUS

he’s as festive as **** kids.. 😀

piemonster

Those sanctimonious gits looking down there noses at folk liking it.

😀

grum
    Free Member

Um….. it is a pagan festival innit?

globalti
    Free Member

The fact that at the one time of the year when I could be out cycling, the weather is carp and the days short.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Queen’s speech and the attention it gets considering its irrelevance.

theocb
    Free Member

People’s justification for celebrating the little baby jesus.

You can put up decorations and spoil yourself and the family any day of the year.
    Hypocritical sheep.

tomhoward

The amount of folk posting on social networks pictures of the pile of presents under the tree (some of them look like landfill sites) that they are giving their kids, in some sort of unwritten competition of who is the best parent. Same with folk ‘moaning’ that they’ve spent £xxxx (yep four figures, not small ones either) on Christmas in a bid to let folk know just how generous/awesome/elligible of sainthood they are.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The consistent and distinct lack of snow.

user-removed
    Free Member

No hate here, but tomhoward’s post puts me in mind of an ex colleague who had to move his six month old daughter into the next room because her whole bedroom was filled to the rafters with plastic crap after Christmas – they spent £3000!

I must admit I was all set to be a sulky bugger, but I had a photoshoot in one of the nicer parts of Newcastle a few days ago. Turned out to be a mansion full of yummy mummies and very sweet babies all dressed up in Christmas gear (mums and kids). Made me feel all festive when the print orders started rolling in.

Came home and finally got round to putting up the tinsel for the sake of our five week old babbie. He stares at it and the smiles melt my heart. Happy Christmas!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Nothing.

Except extra traffic maybe.

Jamie
    Free Member

Christmas hangovers. I am usually so careful about my drinking on Christmas Eve, but got a bit carried away. Now got to get through a day I usually love, while feeling rough as a badgers arse.

….my nephews being brought toys that make all the noises under the sun is not helping.

khani
    Free Member

I hate the run up to Christmas, all the tat in the shops, the mad panic buying because the shops are shut for a day, the insane traffic, blahblahblah… BUT..
    I love Christmas Day, lie in, food, drink, prezzis, crap corny telly, what’s not to like 😀
    Merry Christmas! 😀

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Traffic, shopping and everyone asking “what’s wrong with your face”

So like evry other day but with tinsel

beefheart
    Free Member

only half the story gets told..

don’t forget that if you’re a really naughty kid this badass will come round your house and take you away..

The KRAMPUS

It’s the ghost of Jimmy Saville.

Sandwich

Nothing. It’s all fab! Have as much fun as you can. (Daughter attempted suicide three weeks ago I will celebrate life with every fibre of my being).

ianpinder
    Free Member

Having to spend time with my sister.

fenred
    Free Member

@ sandwich, and keep her facing in the right direction too matey! Glad she’s still with you, my bro’ attempted suicide at Xmas time 20 yrs ago too and sadly succeeded at the age of 17 🙁

Keep talking to her man…

_tom_
    Free Member

the correct way to consume alcohol in public*. *Quietly. With a complete lack of projectile vomiting.

You must be fun at parties :\

juan
    Free Member

The more appropriate question is what’s to like bout Xmas…

sparkyrhino

crack whores charging double rate

Sandwich

Fenred we’re in constant contact. She’s a BPD sufferer so has attachment issues.It’s currently going well. Touches wood and hopes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

People becoming religious for a day.
    The desire to overfeed
    Constant one upmanship and the obsession of putting on the best day despite that becoming unpleasant.
    In the end of the day I feel more at home with the pagan mid winter than the Christmas clap trap.

Mostly it has been the time of year most of my friends and family are off work and as an enforced holiday I can do things like visiting people and not riding my bike without as much guilt.

higthepig
    Free Member

Working, day 6 of a 7-day 12 hour shift run and reading all your groans. Cheer up you miserable feckers!

Sandwich, best of luck and I hope things get get better for you and yours.

Stumpjumper
    Free Member

I hate the fact that we’ve all had christmas rammed down our throat by the goverment,tv and radio since october! when they started playing christmas songs etc.. All in a vein hope that we would go ouy early and feed the hiuge debt machine that is the uk economy (spend more early…). all that just for one day..

Christmas gets better as you get older, i get to be santa for my 2 year old now!

samuri
    Free Member

Pretty much all of it but if I had to pick out one specific thing, it’d be the presents.

grum
    Free Member

Well I’ve had an ace christmas – some great parties, seen loads of mates, eaten and drunk lots of nice stuff, not spent ridiculous amounts of money, got some nice presents, felt pretty festive. Best christmas in ages.

Really sorry to hear about yours Sandwich (hadn’t read that when I posted) – this can be a tough time of year for many people.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Christmas cards and the queens speech.

Houns

Excess packaging

Feeling blue on Christmas night

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘What do you truly hate about christmas?’ is closed to new replies.