Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • What do you often misread?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

As I followed a lorry along the motorway this lunchtime I was reminded that I always misread “Shopfitting” as “Shoplifting”.

That and “Extreme fishing with Robson Green” always seems to catch me off guard.

wwaswas

“Total Carp!”

Magazine always catches me by surprise in Smiths.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Poster on here, Alexpalacefan somehow becomes Alexfaceplant?
    Minor dyslexia or just good at Countdown?

globalti
    Free Member

Yes, shopfitting always gets me too.

I can’t type cyclinders without typing….. d’oh..

lovewookie

That and “Extreme fishing with Robson Green” always seems to catch me off guard.

that.

I nearly spat my cornflakes when I first stumbled across that on the tv guide.

also used to get a bit worried in HMV when spotting anything by Dido. for some reason my mind would always slip a ‘L’ in there.

BigJohn

I always get Burns night and Bums night, or Burns Unit or Bums unit at the hospital confused.

And the signs in clothes department which advise us that Men swear, Women swear and shockingly, Children swear.

miketually
    Free Member

Even on this thread, I keep reading shopfitting as shopfitting.

Not reading, but when I write ‘work’ the ‘or’ often looks like ‘an’. I have to be careful when writing comments on students’ work…

xiphon
    Free Member

You mean “shoplifting” ?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Warehouse for whorehouse oh and +1 for Total Carp magazine!

maccruiskeen

Warehouse for whorehouse

A friend’s grown up dyslexic son had to write his first report for a new employer. He’s pretty much on top of his dyslexia but this was the first time he’d needed to produce written work in an employment rather than educational environment and obviously pretty nervous about the whole thing. A bit of mis-click when spell checking changed every instance of ‘warehouse’ in the document to ‘whorehouse’

kevj
    Free Member

User in here ‘Aracer’ but in my head I always read ‘Acer Racer’. Dunno why.

MrNice
    Free Member

sister in law saw me in my STW shirt and started saying “singlet rack? is that like tie… oh… it’s OK, ignore me”

muddy@rseguy

For some reason I always read security company signs stating that there are “uninformed guards patrolling”

bearnecessities

I thought a thread on here the other day was asking about a suitable UK slag for 20 blokes.

twistedpencil

Women 🙂

stuey
    Free Member

<card carrying dyslexic>
    For year I thought ‘TJ’ was “TaxidermyJeremy”.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

My iPhone keeps asking for my Postcode to unlock it.

seavers
    Free Member

My iPhone keeps asking for my Postcode to unlock it.

Mine too but apparently this is being fixed in the next update.

I always get Burns night and Bums night, or Burns Unit or Bums unit at the hospital confused.

So if you get Bum Burns on Burns night and have to go to the Bums unit you are going to be in a right pickle.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Another user on here: matt_bl, who I always think maybe I should get in touch with off forum as I constantly read his name as matt_bi 😳

Cougar

In Pizza Hut the other day, they had a poster advertising “VALUE DEALS”. Out of the corner of my eye and not helped by the crappy font, I read it as “vague deals.”

“Yeah, buy more pizzas and we’ll knock a bit of money off.”

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I have a friend in East Lothian who stays in a country house with a sign at the end of the drive. The house name? CLINT, even in a lower case it’s open to misreading.

bencooper
    Free Member

Carp Hone Warehouse – a place where you can get your fish sharpened.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve only just found out he’s not called alexfaceplant.

A girl I used to work with once left me a post-it note. I’d not been there long and she was suggesting I read some guidance notes before a site visit. Her note read “THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE A QUICK FLICK BEFORE WE HEAD OUT”.

AdamW
    Free Member

An apron with the words “Kiss the cook”. Boy that was both interesting and embarassing.

😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Signals from women.

andyrm
    Free Member

I just misread an STW thread title:

Great typos of our times

as

Great gypos of our times

A very different thread but one I think could be quite good.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I cannot pronounce misled before my brain is suggesting myzled my mouth is trying to form mizzled.

Cougar

I have a friend in East Lothian who stays in a country house with a sign at the end of the drive. The house name? CLINT, even in a lower case it’s open to misreading.

Yeah, there’s a magazine (or was, I think it just folded) with the same name and same problem. Made me laugh when I saw it, the ‘misread title’ gag has been a running joke in SFX magazine for years.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Mrs Feet mis-read an invoice for Sharp sand, Aggregate and cement – the weights were on it as well as at the price – she thought I’d paid £3,150 for a modest amount of materials to make a concrete base for our log cabin!

Bunnyhop

Those Radley fancy purses and handbags are always Ragley in my head.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘What do you often misread?’ is closed to new replies.