Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • What do the colours mean? ST sprocket thingy by username
  • Cougar

What you did there.  I see it.

edhornby

ok I never knew this

Flaperon

Considering many people subscribed to support the magazine (even if they don’t read it from cover to cover) it seems a bit of a waste of resources to differentiate users further. Is this is pre-cursor to yet more content hidden away behind subscriber paywalls?

To be honest I think I’d have preferred it if the money was spent on content or fixing the problem where posts take 2 minutes to complete after hitting submit.

ta11pau1

Teal? surely duck egg blue?

tomhoward

I only do it to get the black logo, so it worked on me.

simondbarnes

Considering many people subscribed to support the magazine (even if they don’t read it from cover to cover) it seems a bit of a waste of resources to differentiate users further.

This isn’t a new thing, it was done absolutely ages ago.

blokeuptheroad

it seems a bit of a waste of resources to differentiate users further.

I can’t imagine having a different coloured icon depending on membership category uses many (if any) resources?  I’m maybe being a bit naive as I’m not in IT, but surely once the code is written to allocate the icon to a membership category it happens automatically?

Is this is pre-cursor to yet more content hidden away behind subscriber paywalls?

As the colours have been there for yonks, it seems not.

redthunder
    Free Member

It will be Avatars next 🙂

tomhoward

I can’t imagine having a different coloured icon depending on membership category uses many (if any) resources?  I’m maybe being a bit naive as I’m not in IT, but surely once the code is written to allocate the icon to a membership category it happens automatically?

They pay someone 6 figures to individually colour in each one.

On a really expensive Mac.

stumpyjon

They pay someone 6 figures to individually colour in each one.

Someone has to pay for Binners Greggs habit.

ossify

The tech team have to colour in each one individually before the post shows up. This also explains the delay after posting.

MSP

Yeah, but it’s not the time it takes the tech team to do the colouring in that is the real waste of resources, it is the fact that they use fresh hamster blood to get that perfect shade of red. Every time a “print and digital” subscriber posts, a hamster dies, leaving less to power the servers hence the delay in actual posting.

Flaperon

It still takes time to plan, implement, test, roll out to production. No one works for free so this is money pissed down the drain by a company which – genuinely no offence intended – has reminded its subscribers multiple times over the last ten years of the precarious financial state of the publishing industry outside of Murdoch’s pet favourites.

So it doesn’t bring anything but simply serves to drive a wedge between subscribers and staff. Genuinely don’t see the point.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.