Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • What did you do when your mates bike is faster than yours?
  • thols2

The shock is coil at 25% sag. Correct spring for my weight on that bike according to the tf tuned spring calculator.

Those are guidelines that are a starting point for an general setup. Racers will probably take a range of different springs and choose whatever is best for the local conditions.

The fork is at 20% sag.

The fork only managed 130mm travel both days- there were no hard impacts or heavy landings. With that number of tokens and air it almost bottoms if I slam it into something.

Sounds to me like you need more tokens and less pressure. My personal preference is that too progressive is better than too linear. If it’s too progressive, you can drop the pressure a bit and at least you will be able to use the first half of the suspension travel. If it’s too linear, you either blow straight through the travel or you need to run too high a pressure and it bounces off every pebble you hit.

jamj1974

No new bike for the marital harmony 🙂

Married and cycling buddies! Now that is an all too rare combination. Fair play to you! 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What did you do when your mates bike is faster than yours?’ is closed to new replies.