Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • what dh/fr bike?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

There'll probably be some discounted Lapierre Froggys about soon.

They're a bit over-priced at RRP I think, but a great bike and maybe just what you're after.

I've got one with a Totem and it's very versatile, even climbs slowly and painfully.

The smaller model is like medium, so the larger one would probably be good for tall chaps.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

how big is your Santa Cruz Bullit???

mildred

That Tues DH is remarkable value for money for a full bike. It's got me thinking and I don't even need one!!

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

hehe, i no i cant believe it neither!!!

they are at a the freeride festival in saalbach this weekend i will send pics for you all…. im going friday ;~)

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

for the techy people….

are they huge differences in these 3 bikes??

if so what are they… i been looking now and cant really find any??

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Big-Hit-I-Sam-Hill-Mountain-Bike-2010-Full-Suspension-MTB_28575.htm

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Demo-8-II-Mountain-Bike-2010-Full-Suspension-MTB_28576.htm

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=2

id need the biggest size in all… the price is different i no but what would you guys pick choose 😉

si-wilson
    Free Member

Nicky Christy, ever heard of Canfield bikes? In particular the Jedi?

They are awesome frames (did i just type awesome?) and seeing as i have just taken on Canfield Brothers frames i have access to a few extra large frames. Seriously, have a look at them, Canfield really know there DH/FR onions.

http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/products/formula-1-jedi

GW
    Free Member

Well all 3 are horst link 4 bar DH frames.

the big hit is the old skool standard 4bar variant, Demo a newer lower COG and stiffer version while the YT seems to have an almost virtual link thrown in too for good measure.

They'd all get the job done.
    the fork and shock on the big hit are not great and parts are all cheap (but alright for the cash)
    The YT is an absolute bargain, throw the frame straight in the bin and it's still an unbelievable deal for parts alone.

geometry wise the Demo wins as a WC DH bike (slacker/longer and lower)

even if you decided to race world cups you shouldn't need to spend another note on either the Demo or the YT after you leave the shop.
    But if you brake the frame the Demo or the big hit are the ones to have.

I'd go with the Demo but that's me, not you.

GW
    Free Member

ps. just read the rest of the thread, if it's mainly for tracks with fast flowing berms you don't really need a big DH bike, something mid travel with decent geometry should more than cope.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

si_progressivebikes – hi there, the problem for me is i would like a bike thats completely built up already… i dont have knowlege or no how to make a bike. if there is a complete bike option id be happy to hear about one??

GW – i understand what your saying i really do but i then think i will be paying about 2k for a good bike if not more eg the orange range then i would prefer to have a fully loaded dh bike of whihc i can do all… btw i dont ride uphill 😉 lift atw

nick

GW
    Free Member

what do you ride just now?

badfink
    Free Member

My god, that Canfield Jedi looks tastyburgers. How much?

I got scared at the frame price of $2700 excluding VAT/import duty, so gave up on owning one….

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

im currently ride a merida transmission 2010 140mm fr and rr shocks.

i find it bottoming out sometimes and dont want to ruin a perfectly good trail bike.

i bought it only 2 months ago yesterday, its a fanstastic bike i love it, great feel etc just need more travel

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘what dh/fr bike?’ is closed to new replies.