Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • What constitutes 'drunk'?
  • scaredypants

when I do the elephant to my MIL

<adds to “to-do” list for Christmas afternoon>
    (etiquette Q: before or after the queen ?)

scaredypants

PS – no, I’ll not be doing the elephant to the queen, as she’s not coming round ’til boxing day

maccruiskeen

<adds to “to-do” list for Christmas afternoon>

JY’s mother in law is going to have a christmas she’s not going to forget in a hurry

Scapegoat

Who was the standup comedian the other night who used the phrase “Four units this side of shitting myself?” Think I’ll adopt that as a standard. 😀

poly
    Free Member

mogrim – Member
    Is that right? (The beer bit I mean…) – DUI is based on blood alcohol level, if all the alcohol in a pint were to enter your blood almost simultaneously, would that be enough to push you over the limit?

(Assuming normal strength beer, adult male, etc.)

1 pint of beer @ 5% = 28.4 mL of pure ethanol. Ethanol has a density of 0.789 g/mL so this is 22.4g

Assume adult male, with 5L of blood.

So if all that alcohol could instantly get into the blood and none of it is metabolized yet then this would equate to 448 mg/100mL.

The UK driving limit is 80 mg in 100 mL of blood. However of course a significant proportion of the alcohol simply passes straight through.

scaredypants

maccruiskeen – Member
    JY’s mother in law is going to have a christmas she’s not going to forget in a hurry

Have we met ? 8)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

When I get to work.

beefheart
    Free Member

When JY’s mother in law is walking like John Wayne.

spchantler
    Free Member

me, now. rip russ, hope they have beer where you’ve gone, chin chin

busydog
    Free Member

or as the comedian, Larry the Cable Guy says: I was driving home from the bar and got stopped by the police. The cop asks him if he is drunk. Larry asks the cop if there is an ugly, fat girl in the back seat. The cop says “yes sir, there is”. “Well I’m drunk then” says Larry.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘What constitutes 'drunk'?’ is closed to new replies.